PDA

View Full Version : Trail Runners

moocow
09-04-2012, 12:05
Okay, so it's time for new trail runners. My Montrail Masochists served me well with 1000+ miles on them in comfort and blister free. I'm really thinking about repeating the purchase but my outfitter is trying to pressure me into Merrell trail runners. He says they'll ride better and last longer. I put Superfeet in all my shoes so other than the toe box and heel cup I'm not concerned about how they "ride". I'm not really sure what he means by it. I've never had experience with Merrell anything. Can anyone give advice on how they'll hold up?

max patch
09-04-2012, 13:54
If you've found a shoe that gets you 1,000 miles with no issues then you've found your shoe. I wouldn't even consider trying something else, no matter what some expert may say about something else.

bigmac_in
09-04-2012, 14:31
I agree with Max Patch - he's no "expert" if he's trying to get you to switch from something that works.

Drybones
09-04-2012, 17:10
Okay, so it's time for new trail runners. My Montrail Masochists served me well with 1000+ miles on them in comfort and blister free. I'm really thinking about repeating the purchase but my outfitter is trying to pressure me into Merrell trail runners. He says they'll ride better and last longer. I put Superfeet in all my shoes so other than the toe box and heel cup I'm not concerned about how they "ride". I'm not really sure what he means by it. I've never had experience with Merrell anything. Can anyone give advice on how they'll hold up?

Hey Thinker...I'm thinking of trying those MM's...how is the width?

moocow
09-04-2012, 18:10
The width is nice. I need a wide toe box which it has. It got a little tighter when I put my insoles in there (all shoes do), but it relaxed to give even more room pretty quickly. My toes don't feel cramped at all.