PDA

View Full Version : Bluff Mountain NC

Huber
09-05-2012, 08:43
There have been other threads on this but none of the answers were too specific. I am going on a trip in October and plan on camping around Bluff Mountain ( +/- a mile or two). I have heard that Cat Pen Gap(or the bald overlooking it) is a pretty place to camp but I can't find it on a map. So my question is, where is Cat Pen Gap? Are there any other recommended tent sites in the area?
Thanks

Chaco Taco
09-05-2012, 14:40
There have been other threads on this but none of the answers were too specific. I am going on a trip in October and plan on camping around Bluff Mountain ( +/- a mile or two). I have heard that Cat Pen Gap(or the bald overlooking it) is a pretty place to camp but I can't find it on a map. So my question is, where is Cat Pen Gap? Are there any other recommended tent sites in the area?
Thanks
You cant miss it. Its on the climb going NOBO up Bluff Mtn. There is an opening and a field on the right. The sign may still be there but it was beat up pretty bad when I was there couple years ago. If you follow the side trail into the gap, you will see a clearing and camping up on the hill in trees. There are a couple of solid spots to camp. Camel up on water, and no views.