PDA

View Full Version : ENO Hammocks?

Saffirre8
09-05-2012, 15:50
Hello Y'all -

i am usually a tenter as i have children and a big ass dog. I have been hearing and seeing alot about the Eno hammocks. does anyone have one and what are your thoughts on them?

ChinMusic
09-05-2012, 16:05
They strike me more as a nap-type hammock as opposed to being a part of a shelter system.

kayak karl
09-05-2012, 16:21
some use them on the trail. would need a bug net. another is grand trunk hammocks. those cheaper hammocks are great to see if you like it :)

if you want the dog in it consider DIY out of 1.9 coated nylon. my dog sleeps in it with me in the winter, but hammock is 12 long.

KK&K

gunner76
09-05-2012, 19:38
While many people use the ENO and Grand Trunk for camping (I own both), I preferr mine for afternoon hammock studies (taking a nap). As already stated if you get an ENO you will need to get a bug net unless you live in a bug free area. You will also need a tarp, UQ (underquilt or pad) and a TQ (top quilt). An UQ would work better with a ENO as a pad will slide around in the hamnmock.

Consider at Warbonnet BlackBird. Comes with a built in bug net and has a large storage shelf. My wife loves hers. Also go to hammockforums.net and check out the Outings section for a group hang in your area. Go there if just for a day and you will be able to check out a wide range of hammocks and asssociated gear. If you do not have a hammock you can still attend a group hang as we love being able to convert someone to the dark side.