PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get a $70 Eureka Spitfire from Sportsmans Guide?

stallwart
05-04-2005, 17:36
I just received what was supposed to be a Eureka Spitfire solo tent from Sportsmans Guide and instead got a Eureka Solitare, which is pretty much a bivy, and definitely not 40" tall! I'd ordered it from their website for $69.97 (looked like a sweet deal). I just called and talked to their customer service, and they claim they never had it for that price (its listed for $89.97 now). I have the email confirmation they sent when I placed the order and it reads "Eureka!® Spitfire Tent, Tan / Blue" for $69.97. This burns me up! Looks like they figured they were under-charging for it and decided to up the price and dump on anyone who'd ordered it for the lower price :mad:

It was listed at the "old" price for at least a week, because thats how long I waited to order mine (I was looking for reviews on it, but after finding none I decided to bite the bullet and try it out myself. And the bullet bit back!!) So there must be somebody else here who also ordered one from them for the "old" price. If so, did you get what you ordered?

hikerjohnd
05-04-2005, 17:58
So return it with a copy of the email that says it is supposed to be a spitfire - ask for you money back including postage and then buy one from here: http://www.dealerease.net/catalog/product.asp?pid=52817&ret_id=385994

Uncle Silly
05-04-2005, 18:24
indeed -- don't take any sh** from any retailer. you are the customer. print the email confirmation of your order, fax it to their headquarters with a clear (and POLITE) explanation of the problem, and explain that you need them to either (1) send you the correct item AND provide an RMA and/or paid return shipping label or (2) refund your purchase AND provide an RMA and/or paid return shipping label. explain that if they do not assist you with one of these options you will be forced to report their charge as fraudulent to your credit card company. do not settle for less than this; be polite but firm.

at the same time, you may want to send a copy of your request and your email confirmation to your credit card company (you DID pay with a credit card, right?) --- along with an explanation that you are not paying that charge until the problem is corrected. if the retailer refuses to honor your request for a refund or replacement, tell your credit card company that you are rejecting the charge. the banks are usually very helpful in these cases, and since the retailer will be assessed a fee on the chargeback, they usually try to make you happy so it can be avoided.

luck!
--s

cjc_60525
05-04-2005, 18:28
I got hit with the same bait-and-switch. They refunded my money and paid for shipping the Solitaire back. They've still lost my business for life.

stallwart
05-04-2005, 18:33
Thanks for the link. I'll give them a try after I get my money back from Sportsmans (Mis)Guide...

So return it with a copy of the email that says it is supposed to be a spitfire - ask for you money back including postage and then buy one from here: http://www.dealerease.net/catalog/product.asp?pid=52817&ret_id=385994