PDA

View Full Version : Winter 2012-2013 will be "snow" joke

HikerMom58
09-08-2012, 09:11
Above-normal snowfall is forecast for the major I-95 cities, including New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., during winter 2012-2013

"The I-95 cities could get hit pretty good. It's a matter of getting the cold to phase in with the huge systems that we are going to see coming out of the southern branch of the jet stream this year," AccuWeather.com Lead Long-Range Forecaster Paul Pastelok said.
The cold is expected to phase with the big storms during January and February with the potential for large snowstorms to make headlines and create travel (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/#) headaches in the major cities.

Get your cold and snowy hiking gear out and hit the trails... should be FUN!!! :)

moytoy
09-08-2012, 09:27
I've got my Snow shovel at the ready! :D

Slo-go'en
09-08-2012, 10:15
"The cold is expected to phase with the big storms during January and February with the potential for large snowstorms to make headlines and create travel (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/#) headaches in the major cities."

Humm, that seems to happen every winter at some point during Jan and Feb. I hope we get some decent snow this winter up here in the mountains. Winter is no fun without snow!

Blissful
09-08-2012, 16:01
Sounds good. Good for the water table and springs.

johnnybgood
09-08-2012, 16:24
Here in the Richmond area we are always on the transition snow/frozen precip line so I'm hopful the weather forcast includes us.

YoungMoose
09-08-2012, 23:42
Dont mind after last winter. Would like to be able to ski on real snow not ice.

Hairbear
09-09-2012, 06:45
hello hmkd i hope the midwest is included in that snow,if we dont get some moistue here next year will be a disaster.seems people have seen the real you,and embraced you.i could tell you were a caring person from the start.hike on my new friend.

Theosus
09-09-2012, 07:51
Im ready for snow again too. Usually we get eight inches or so in February. Everything shuts down completely for three days, then the snow melts and we go back to work. I love South Carolina.

After no snow at all last year, I'll be ready to see some more.

HikerMom58
09-09-2012, 12:50
I know we all could use a good snow this year for many reasons. I like to see what they are predicting for the coming winter...crossing fingers!!

Hairbear, it looks MO might not get the above normal snow fall this year according to the predictions. :( I have family that live in Springfield MO so I stay in touch with happenings in the mid west. There are beautiful places to visit out there. :)

Thanks for the kind words directed to me. My wish is that everyone on here will feel accepted. Thanks good friend. :)

MamaBear
09-09-2012, 13:32
I agree with Slo-goen, winter, especially in the Whites, is no fun without a good amount of snow!

Ender
09-09-2012, 14:51
Get your cold and snowy hiking gear out and hit the trails... should be FUN!!! :)

Can't wait! Though it was convenient this past winter for just normal hiking... did a normal overnight in January this year, which I've never been able to do before. But I'm ready for some real snow again!

Deadeye
09-09-2012, 19:35
up here you can't reliably predict a week ahead... long range forecasts are pointless IMHO

Odd Man Out
09-09-2012, 21:17
I remember a few years ago when Pittsburgh made the national news because it had gotten buried by 70 inches of snow one winter. We just laughed. I wish we only got 70 inches.

coach lou
09-09-2012, 21:19
up here you can't reliably predict a week ahead... long range forecasts are pointless IMHO

They are just as accurate here on Long Island Sound.

Wise Old Owl
09-09-2012, 23:40
A hundred years or more of data - serious 6 separate Roadrunner computers at Unisis tied into all those satellites.... every weather guy running around with a doctorate and understanding the
ENSO ....Priceless.

LIhikers
09-10-2012, 00:19
I wouldn't mind having a chance to use my snowshoes this coming winter.

The Solemates
09-10-2012, 16:06
lookin forward to it. hope it comes early. will be in northern PA in late Nov for a week.