PDA

View Full Version : Foot pain questions

Gary Mays
09-10-2012, 12:42
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this post so I apologize if its not.

I have recently done some long hikes and developed some foot pain on the outside of my left foot.

I have new shoes now (Saloman Xd ultra w/ Superfeet)but a did a couple of my last hikes in some old Saloman gortex trail runners I had and Im sure thats the reason for the pain.

Here is a pic of where my pain is and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of pain? and what I can do? Thanks in advance!

phillphd
09-10-2012, 14:03
I'm not sure this is much help, but I developed pain along with swelling in the same area of my left foot three weeks into starting a new running program. I was worried it might be a fracture or pulled muscle, but I took two weeks off of running / hiking and my foot completely recovered.

Spokes
09-10-2012, 14:13
Watch the Video Foot Doctor @ about 2:45.

I'd guess an injury to the Tendon of Peroneous Brevis or Peroneous Longus Muscle but I'm not a doctor and you shouldn't consider my comment as a medical diagnosis or advice....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vm7khQ_vBI

Gary Mays
09-14-2012, 10:28
I just wanted to report on the foot pain in case anyone happens on this thread that has the issues.

I read somewhere about stretching your calf muscles really good before and after hiking and after I started doing this the pain in that location on my foot went away completely. Thats without resting or taking any time off, etc.

Hope that can work for everyone.

Spokes
09-14-2012, 15:27
Now, I'm confused............... :datz