PDA

View Full Version : NC AT Tags are here!

bigcat2
05-05-2005, 22:12
For those of you who are interested, the North Carolina Appalachian Trail Tags are finally here! I just got mine in the mail today and have it on my car now :D . For those of you who have waited (forever it seems) like me, I know it's a happy day :bse .

Ridge
05-06-2005, 01:18
Any pictures of the tag? I wish GA would have one. hikerwife

bigcat2
05-06-2005, 21:12
Here's a picture from that ATC website. I got mine yesterday and it looks great.

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/trailnews/nc_plate.html

bigcat2
05-07-2005, 09:01
Ridge (hikerwife),

I'm not familiar w/ how GA would go about doing it, but you might be able to help start a petition to get one done. As far as who to contact, I would think it would be your local representative and of course someone who would be willing to take care of the applications. The gentleman we had to send our applications to was Clark Wright and if you PM I could give you his e-mail address if you wanted specifics. He was one of the ppl that helped spearhead ours getting through. I just know we had to have 300 applications before they wouold even consider making the tag, but obviously we were able to get them and of course you'll need a design. That may have been more info than you wanted to know, but the more AT tags we can get the better in my opinion. :)

Ridge
05-07-2005, 12:44
[QUOTE=bigcat2]Ridge (hikerwife),

I'm not familiar w/ how GA would go about doing it, but..... /QUOTE]

The ones to get the tag thing done would be the Georgia AT Club. They are the ones with more pull than any of us. hikerwife

bigcat2
05-07-2005, 16:24
Well there ya go. That would indeed be a good place to start if you were interested. Give them a nudge and tell them they can't be outdone by those North Carolina ppl. :bse just kidding of course. Good luck and if anyone hears of it going forward, please let me know.

Ridge
05-08-2005, 12:07
I emailed the GATC president with a link to the NC tag and asked could they help get one for the state of GA. The National ATC should also help getting it done for all the AT states. hikerwife

orangebug
05-09-2005, 10:12
Rotary has been trying to get a tag in GA for the past couple of years. They require prepayment of $25 per tag (non refundable) and minimum of 500 tags. We have already missed the Centennial celebration of Rotary that prompted the drive for the tags.

The worst part? None of the money goes back to the organization or the services. It is treated just like a vanity tag. :datz

Repeat
05-27-2005, 17:59
My North Carolina A.T. tag arrived today! Follow the link for a picture.
NC A.T. Tag (http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/7386/sort/1/cat/500/page/1)

Sly
05-27-2005, 19:42
I got mine a couple weeks ago and saw another in Asheville today.

BTW, for anyone that doesn't know how it works, the NC AT tag is $30 a year beyond what a normal tag cost ($20). $20 goes to to the ATC and is dedicated to the trail in NC. The other $10 is an adminstration fee.