PDA

View Full Version : i phone case

mmorgan
09-14-2012, 10:54
I am packing my I-phone for a five day trip in October. I do not need access to buttons or anything like that. I only need it to call for my ride at the end and to make my wife happy (she feels it is safer to carry a phone than not to). Other than the standard zip lock bag what is the best way to keep the phone dry and safe in my pack?

Slo-go'en
09-14-2012, 11:18
A plastic food storage container. I use one about 6" x 4" x 3" (LWH) which is reasonably light and big enough for my phone and all the other little "just in case" odds and ends I like to carry. (toe clippers, dental foss, band aids, patch kit, sewing kit, pen, extra pain killers, scissors, emergency flashlight, spare lighter, spare batteries, etc.)

max patch
09-14-2012, 11:27
I plan on using a waterproof otter box.

kayak karl
09-14-2012, 11:35
whatever you use put a silica pack (http://www.waterproofpaper.com/cases/silica-gel-packs.shtml)in it so the interior of phone does not rust :)

byoung
09-14-2012, 12:49
I used a LifeProof case on my IPhone when I hiked the 100 mile wilderness this year, its waterproof and protects against impacts, rained 5 days in a row no problems with my phone.

Starchild
09-14-2012, 14:19
I use a Sealline case which I have even taken under water with me. It does allow using the phone through the case, though underwater the touch screen doesn't respond. It comes in at 1 oz.

yellowsirocco
09-14-2012, 14:26
Just double bag it and throw it down in your pack by your sleeping bag. All your gear makes great padding and takes care of the bumps. Once you double bag it, the put the other gear around it, then all of that is inside a pack liner, then your pack is covered by a pack cover, you have plenty of waterproofing. Save the weight of a case and put it towards better food.