PDA

View Full Version : Hot Springs - Hostel at Laughing Heart Lodge

chuck and tigger
09-15-2012, 11:00
Tigger here...Chuck Norris and I (GA->ME '07) are managing the newly re-opened hostel in Hot Springs, the Hostel at Laughing Heart Lodge. We hope all you southbounders will come and stay with us or at least stop by and say hello as you come through Hot Springs. Also, we'd love to hear the opinions of our hostel from the NOBO's who stayed with us. We hope you enjoyed staying with us as much as we enjoyed having you!!!

RED-DOG
09-15-2012, 11:26
I didn't stay there on this years thru i stayed at the Sunny bank inn ( ELMERS) but the NOBO's that stayed at your place said it was a great place, Good luck to you guys in the future, i will stay their on my next thru. RED-DOG ( Flip-Flop 96 & GA-ME 06 & GA-ME 2012 )

pdcollins6092
09-15-2012, 11:29
I didn't get the chance to stay with yall when I came through there because you had just opened and I didn't find out it until after. Everyone that I talked to that did stay there told me I missed out on a great place to stay.

Many Moons
09-15-2012, 12:12
Tigger here...Chuck Norris and I (GA->ME '07) are managing the newly re-opened hostel in Hot Springs, the Hostel at Laughing Heart Lodge. We hope all you southbounders will come and stay with us or at least stop by and say hello as you come through Hot Springs. Also, we'd love to hear the opinions of our hostel from the NOBO's who stayed with us. We hope you enjoyed staying with us as much as we enjoyed having you!!!

I am doing a section this April from Winding Stair to Hot Springs. Do u shuttle to Franklin? And could I park at your Hostel while I hike?

Miller

HikerMom58
09-15-2012, 12:14
I've heard nothing but good reports about ur place. I don't know if you remember Firestarter & Bushwacker but they stayed with ya'll ealier this year. Nothing but rave reviews coming from them about ur place. :) Wishing you the BEST.....

Sidewinder
09-15-2012, 12:14

how do we find you, no phone, website or address listed

Jeff
09-15-2012, 13:18
Our guests at Green Mountain House love to talk about their experiences at hostels up and down the trail. Every single comment I heard about Laughing Heart this year was very positive. You are doing things right in Hot Springs!!!!!

Trillium
09-15-2012, 16:14
how do we find you, no phone, website or address listed
here you go: http://www.laughingheartlodge.com/index.php/accommodations/hostel/

The Hostel at Laughing Heart Lodge is located at the Appalachian Trail trailhead at the southern end of Hot Springs, NC. It is the first building of any kind that hikers encounter as they hike north into Hot Springs. 828 622-0165

Drybones
09-15-2012, 21:48
I stayed there this spring. I believe it had been open eight days when I arrived. Enjoyed the stay, enjoyed the people. I would recommend it to a friend...a group of friends from Birmingham stayed there during a section hike and spoke well of it . Great location, just off the trail at the bottom of the mt. before you start into town.

mother goose
02-14-2013, 01:40
Hey guys are you going to be there for the 2013 nobo season? Mother Goose

FarmerChef
12-02-2013, 14:25
Stayed here this past week on a big day turned zero in Hot Springs. Had a great stay, Sean was great as our host and our dog loved meeting the other dogs. Wished we'd have had more time to stay but had to move on to end our section. The grounds are beautiful and it's just a short walk down the AT to the Diner, Dollar General and the rest of town.

HikerMom58
12-02-2013, 14:31
Stayed here this past week on a big day turned zero in Hot Springs. Had a great stay, Sean was great as our host and our dog loved meeting the other dogs. Wished we'd have had more time to stay but had to move on to end our section. The grounds are beautiful and it's just a short walk down the AT to the Diner, Dollar General and the rest of town.

I've heard this same thing over and over... I want to stay there sometime too. :)

Starchild
12-02-2013, 14:51
I had a great time there, and Hot Springs, regardless of what Damascus says, is by far the friendliest AT trail town on the AT.