PDA

View Full Version : Used gear pricing ?

Drybones
09-15-2012, 22:25
I need to have a yard sale some time soon to reduce the gear inventory in the basement. I'm looking for input as to what would be a fair price to ask for the items. Below are some of the items...what's your best guess on what the asking price should be. Thanks.

REI Quarted Dome 1-person tent, good shape, a broken pole section replaced with arrow section.
Eureka Spitfire 1 tent, good shape, used maybe 10 times.
No Limits(Academy) 2-person tent, good shape, used maybe 10 times
REI Flash 50 pack med. torso, good condition
Gregory Z-Pack, an older model but like new, I used it twice
Deurter 65 ACT lite pack, good condition no visible wear
Eureka Casper sleeping bag, long, 15 degree synthetic
Themarest prolite plus pad, 72 x 20, used 3-4 times

Mancat
09-15-2012, 23:39
You might get 1/2 of what each one sells for new, but probably less. This type of gear normally doesn't sell for high prices at garage sales. I do hope you get more. Good luck.

Old Hiker
09-16-2012, 10:14
Put it up here on WB - ask 75% of list price with shipping and go down as needed. Always ask more than what you would expect - you may be pleasantly surprised.

May want to look for review links online or put up pictures.

Good luck.

Wise Old Owl
09-16-2012, 10:27
Yea you loose your shirt on garage sales, Pickers know you want to get rid of it and they buy low and sell high. We did it last year and got $200 for a afternoon effort and still stuck with a third of the junk thats headed for the trash a peice at a time.

REI Quarted Dome 1-person tent, good shape, a broken pole section replaced with arrow section.
Eureka Spitfire 1 tent, good shape, used maybe 10 times.
No Limits(Academy) 2-person tent, good shape, used maybe 10 times $$don't know and its 4-5 pounds well liked in Boys Life Mag. 4-5 stars
REI Flash 50 pack med. torso, good condition ??? Hang on to it.
Gregory Z-Pack, an older model but like new, I used it twice $150-200
Deurter 65 ACT lite pack, good condition no visible wear Was $199
Eureka Casper sleeping bag, long, 15 degree synthetic was $99 - donate to scouting.... I don't think you will get anything for it.
Themarest prolite plus pad, 72 x 20, used 3-4 times Was $75

Theosus
09-16-2012, 11:10
Yard sales suck.... I'd rather throw my stuff in the trash than have a yard sale. Sounds like you have some decent stuff there. I agree with others, put it up on here or another hiking board's "garage sale" section. You'll get more than from some fool in your yard wanting to give you five cents on the dollar. If I had the money now I'd take the deuter pack. I've got the 75 and it's a little big/heavy. The act lite looks better...

Deacon
09-16-2012, 13:28
People looking at your gear at a yard sale have no idea what they're looking at, nor can they appreciate the quality of your gear.

I agree with the posts above. Put your gear for sale here on WB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk