PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Campground parking

dmperkins74
09-20-2012, 08:18
Hey gang,

What can you all tell me about parking at the Hurricane Camp Ground in VA? Does it cost anything? Is there a lot of it? Is there any problem with parking overnight for a couple of nights? Will zombies attack my car? Do I need to contact anyone before leaving my car there?

Any input appreciated,
Dan Perkins (alphaPig)

HikerMom58
09-20-2012, 09:44
Hey one of the gang,

I don't know much about the Campground but my book does say not it's not advisable to drink from Corners Creek, with is right near that Campground... maybe they are afraid you will turn into a Zombie if you do!! :) Just kiddin...
Hope you can find out the things you need to know. Ahhh... my book also says that the restrooms and showers close after Labor Day but the campground is open Apr-Oct.

HikerMom58
09-20-2012, 09:47
Whooops... don't drink from Comers Creek.. not Corners Creek.

dmperkins74
09-27-2012, 19:16
HA! Thanks for the warning :)

Anyone else out there have some tips? I called the Mt Rogers NRA and they told me more about the parking. Does anyone know if the trail from the AT to the campground is clearly marked?

Any input appreciate.
dp

Mountain Mojo
10-01-2012, 18:58
Easy access to the AT within a 1/2 mile... Contact the campground host about parking; otherwise it's $16.00 for a single site. They don't close til October 31st~ No worries about the zombies attacking your car lol, unless YOU'RE in it!!! Enjoy!