PDA

View Full Version : Help fund the documentary "mile... Mile and a half"

Turgo
09-22-2012, 05:02
Hi guys,

maybe you have heard or seen about the documentary "Mile... Mile and a half". Its about a group of musicians, artists, painters, who walked together the JMT.
Heres a link to the maintrailer: http://themuirproject.com/

The Problem is: they need another 12.000 Bucks to get up to 78.000 to complete the movie, and this has to be done in the next 5 days.
So go to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/themuirproject/mile-mile-and-a-half-a-feature-documentary?ref=live and pledge what ever you can affort.
If the goal is not reached, they wont get any money.
Please watch the trailers and then pledge.

I so want to see this movie!!! :-)

Thanks a lot,

Stephan

Cookerhiker
09-22-2012, 07:16
So if I understand this, they're looking for handouts to finance their movie. Not loans, not stakes in ownership - just send our $$$ so that they can make this video.

To be blunt, what's in it for us?

If they need additional funds, then go to a bank and borrow.

Turgo
09-22-2012, 08:05
You could watch an awesome movie in some weeks, thats in for you :-)

moytoy
09-22-2012, 09:49

That may fly in Cologne but not so much in Yankee Land.

Old Hiker
09-22-2012, 22:58

And if it's NOT awesome, do we get our money back?

Still, this type of arts patronage is MUCH better than my tax dollars going towards something the National Endowment of the Arts would come up with. Piss Christ comes to mind. You can pick and choose what gets funded.

Loved the Christmas Markts in Koln, by the way. I was in NATO AB Geilenkirchen for 3.5 years. Guten Tag !!

atmilkman
09-22-2012, 23:50
The check is in the mail.

Donde
09-23-2012, 01:17
Hi guys,

Its about a group of musicians, artists, painters, who walked together the JMT.
The Problem is: they need another 12.000 Bucks

If we don't shut this **** down now we could be looking at a full blown hippie jam band festival the likes of which we have never seen.

But seriously 78K for doc on 220 MI hmmm I wonder what Jester's budget was for Wizards?

Turgo
09-23-2012, 04:54
Because I am no native english speaker, I cant say, what of the comments above is sarcastic or ironic or so.
I just love hiking, and I love movies about hiking. And I think, this guys had a great experience and it could be a great movie about the JMT. I pledged some bucks and I just wanted that more people know about this project. Nobody is forced to donate.

@ Old hiker: Yeah, the christmasmarkets are quite nice here.

I think the thread can be closed now...

fiddlehead
09-23-2012, 11:26
No need to shut the thread down.
There are naysayers when it comes to donating money for things like videos, and then there are the quiet "do-ers" of the world who believe in the arts and don't mind funding some (if they can be convinced that it is legitimate and of good quality)
Perhaps a trailer or some of their previous work on youtube would help.

Cookerhiker
09-23-2012, 12:33
There are naysayers when it comes to donating money for things like videos, and then there are the quiet "do-ers" of the world who believe in the arts and don't mind funding some (if they can be convinced that it is legitimate and of good quality)

To me, the phrase "donate" means either the donee is a charitable organization of some kind or my "donation" is for services I've received and/or benefited from e.g. WB membership or staying at a "Donations only" hostel. I don't consider my question to the OP on this subject to constitute "naysaying."

Turgo
09-23-2012, 12:34
@ fiddlehead: thanks for your words. Heres a trailer: http://themuirproject.com/

kythruhiker
09-23-2012, 12:37

If I'm not mistaken (at home on the slow Internet), they have a trailer posted as an update in their Kickstarter page. Looks like a worthy project to help out, compared to some of the funding requests on Kickstarter.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

fiddlehead
09-23-2012, 23:28
Trailer looks quite professional.
Thanks for that link.

No whining, mostly talk about how great the experience is/was, rather than the hardships and negativity you tend to see on too many vids.

My kind of video.

Turgo
09-25-2012, 12:11
They made it over the 78.000 ! I'm very curious about the full movie! We`ll see if the pledges were worth it.
Thanks all for the attention and maybe the donations.