PDA

View Full Version : Pine Knob Shelter,Maryland

Programbo
05-08-2005, 16:13
Hello everyone...I was wondering if someone could tell me the exact distance from the parking area on Rt 40 to the Pine Knob Shelter in Maryland?..I tried without success to find that info on a website by searching...The reason I am wondering is because when I was younger I used to backpack alot on the trial especially in Maryland and Pine Knob was always my favorite shelter...Anyway..I am now 47 and last year I suffered a near fatal heart attack (I was actually dead for a few minutes but the paramedics shocked me back in the ambulance)..I have lost about 30-35% of my heart function due to scar tissue and have been slowly getting back in a normal shape...I have found it best to set goals for myself and I have decided I will make my goal for this year to hike up to the shelter and back..I don`t recall it being an overly far or strenuous hike.

Thanks for the info in advance :) ..I just discovered this site so I may post some in other areas as I sold backpacking equipment for 10 years averaging $300,000 in annual sales just on packs,tents and sleeping bags.

Forrest Phil
05-08-2005, 18:52
The distance is exactly about a half a mile. :)

Lugnut
05-08-2005, 19:48
Is it exactly or is it about Phil? :p Only kidding. See you next weekend.

Programbo
05-08-2005, 20:53
The distance is exactly about a half a mile. :)
Really???..A half a mile from the parking area to the shelter?...Why do I recall it being a lot farther than that???..Maybe I need a new goal then as I can do that far already :)

Forrest Phil
05-08-2005, 21:08
From the parking lot all the way to the shelter itself the distance may be as far as seven tenths of a mile.

Lugnut: I look forward to it.