PDA

View Full Version : Long Trail suggestions

A-Train
05-08-2005, 20:26
I want to take a lady friend of mine out somewhere nice and was wondering of any suggestions people have in central/northern VT on or off the LT that would be nice. Most of the places I normally hike are around or above treeline which is not an option this time of year because of mud and snow. So anywhere nice and pleasant to camp and do an in and out or loop hike of around 5-10 miles?

MOWGLI
05-08-2005, 20:29
A-Train:

Why not something completely different? The Adirondacks are not far from Burlington, and there are loads of places to hike there. Here's a link for more info;

http://www.adk.org/

Greenmountainguy
01-16-2017, 22:13
I want to take a lady friend of mine out somewhere nice and was wondering of any suggestions people have in central/northern VT on or off the LT that would be nice. Most of the places I normally hike are around or above treeline which is not an option this time of year because of mud and snow. So anywhere nice and pleasant to camp and do an in and out or loop hike of around 5-10 miles?
Try the Glastonbury Loop, east of Bennington. The main entry point has a very steep climb over difficult and rocky terrain for maybe three hours, but there is access from a side road that avoids the initial climb. I am told the area south of the mentioned entry point (I think the road is Rt. 8 but I can't remember) is a really good day hike. A steep climb for maybe a hundred yards, then a pleasant walk to a great vista.