PDA

View Full Version : New Kilt

Stir Fry
09-24-2012, 22:52
Well I have too admit I got suckered into this, but in the end I am presently surprises.

On April 1st 2012 I got an e mail from 5.11 tactical about there 5.11 tactical kilt.
Ya, Ya I now know it was a joke. Call me an April fool. I'm 54. But I now have a very usable Kilt.
After viewing this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwQSflH6bSI, I hade to have one. I have hiked in a Kilt for the past 2 years and this looked good.
After placing my order I got my first E- Mail. 1st E-Mail said it was an April fool’s joke, 2ed E-Mail said they were doing a limited run. So I did the dumb thing and ordered one.
Well the kilt came in on the 17th of September and I love it, it has a Teflon coating and appears to be very water resistant, the fit is spot on. It came in at 17 oz., 15oz with the extra pockets removed. I have no doubt it will last me for a thru hike. I have a mountain hard wear kilt that is about shot after 500 miles of hiking, so I was looking for something different and this seem to fill the bill.
Hope to see you on the trail.

Feral Bill
09-24-2012, 23:35
Wow...................

Jim Adams
09-25-2012, 00:41
Haven't got mine yet.

geek

leaftye
09-25-2012, 00:45
Too bad it's a limited run. It looks like the larger sizes were already gone when I checked a couple weeks ago.

Old Hiker
09-25-2012, 20:47
Wait, wait, wait. A TEFLON coating? Make it easy to "slip" on and off? No skid marks? I'm confused. Not to mention intrigued.

leaftye
09-25-2012, 21:22
Wait, wait, wait. A TEFLON coating? Make it easy to "slip" on and off? No skid marks? I'm confused. Not to mention intrigued.

If you can keep your skirt down, think about the land speed records you could break butt glissading down Forester Pass.