PDA

View Full Version : While hiking I get my toliet paper .....

Easyhiker
12-25-2002, 19:20
While hiking I get my toliet paper .....

Lugnut
12-25-2002, 22:26
I've noticed that many "borrow" the roll in the holder where ever they are. Thankfully they don't return it! Say Hi to Aunt Hazel.

Kozmic Zian
02-12-2004, 21:24
Yea.....T Paper (again). Seems this is a popular forum. Anyway, I get it where I can. Sometime I buy it....sharing a whole roll with a couple other hikers(while throwing the excess away, which I hate). Or I 'borrow' a bit from a motel that I paid to stay in. Anyway, I get where I can, take enough for however many days I'm out, and put it in a zip lock bag to keep it dry. The rest is history........KZ@

fiddlehead
04-24-2005, 03:25
My Sherpa guide once told me he taught people how to use a rock (in Europe) but here in Thailand practically no one uses toilet paper. Even when you buy it it's very thin and hard to trust that it'll hold up. So, you must learn the Asian style of using the left hand and a cup of water to clean with. I still carry toilet paper but have been caught way too many times without it and am not too excited about not having any. It is getting easier and easier but you must have enough water especially for us beginners to the technique. I wouldn't try it unless i had at least gallons the 1st few times. Good luck!
ps. oh yeah, the original question: i get it out of hotels so i feel like i bought it but don't carry more than a third of a roll.
pss. the chinese dark pink tp seems to be the strongest in the world! Good stuff when you can find it.

neo
04-24-2005, 03:40
i have a phobia about running out of toilet paper on the trail,i gotta have it:cool: neo

Stoker53
04-24-2005, 08:43
i have a phobia about running out of toilet paper on the trail,i gotta have it:cool: neo

So Neo can we assume that you are "anal" about TP?:bse

Footslogger
04-24-2005, 10:14
Don't use TP. I carry a zip lock full of wet wipes.

'Slogger

SGT Rock
04-24-2005, 10:16
Wipe with leaves and finish the process with a little bit of paper. Makes it last longer and less waste in the cat hole.

Lugnut
04-24-2005, 10:18
Neo, what the hell are you doing up at 3AM on your wedding night talking about TP? :banana

Lone Wolf
12-29-2006, 17:04
I knock minnesotasmith over the head and take a few rolls.

Amigi'sLastStand
12-29-2006, 19:03
Holy *****, that's funny.:D

Haiku
12-30-2006, 04:36
Don't use TP. I carry a zip lock full of wet wipes.I'm also a fan of Wet Wipes. I usually get the travel pack size, which is available at most grocery and drug stores.

Haiku.

SGT Rock
12-30-2006, 05:08
I never though about that.

Though that bear spray could be slightly discouraging to doing that. Probably best to just follow him to the shelter and wait until he goes to fill that 6 liters of water (should take him a while) and just get it out of his pack. I suppose you could put some rocks in there so the weight doesn't change on him and tip him off.

peter_pan
12-30-2006, 08:22
Still laughing...

Neo is anal over TP.... hiking with his bud MS, the TP depot....

Whatever works...

Pan

sirbingo
01-18-2007, 11:08
I use leaves

Omni
02-19-2007, 23:38

A friend of mine does also. When he pulled his out of his pack he had FOUR extra large rolls, for a two day hike! I can say that it is also his Bug Out Bag as a way to defend him though... I usually carry 1/2 a roll but it does suck when you run out.

Omni

Ramble~On
02-20-2007, 16:13
Seeing as how I'm paying $10,000.00+ for a fully supported hike I don't carry any as I expect to have that done for me...I also expect to have @#$%&*%$# and @#$#%&* done for me too:eek:

:D

mrc237
02-20-2007, 16:26
Besides TP I like to carry a small supply of light weight paper towels and a small squeeze bottle of witch hazel, does a nice post wipe clean up. Nice topic!

Lone Wolf
02-20-2007, 16:35
While hiking I get my toliet paper .....

.... out of my friggin pack. where else?:cool:

Old Grouse
02-20-2007, 16:41
I'm surprised Sgt Rock hasn't taught everyone the "one sheet" method. Hey Top, don't they teach that in basic any more?