PDA

View Full Version : 309 hike too bake oven knob

DaveJonesRocks27
09-25-2012, 10:20
Well we had a set date to hike and we did the first trip,but one of our hikers fell ill so we only made it to about knifes edge so we had to turn around but kept hiking south.it was the most fun i had in a long time, most recently we just did a day hike from 309 to the knob and made it just under three hours and then we booked it from there to the bake oven knob shelter.And we spent the night there watching shooting starts it was awesome met a small family and a guy who is doing the whole trail.i would like to say it is awesome up on the at

HikerMom58
09-25-2012, 10:32
Well, very nice DaveJonesRocks27. I had to look up to see where bake oven knob was...it's in PA. That's the section that my daughter has to do next on her quest to finish hiking the entire AT. I'm glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

DaveJonesRocks27
09-25-2012, 11:14
Well, very nice DaveJonesRocks27. I had to look up to see where bake oven knob was...it's in PA. That's the section that my daughter has to do next on her quest to finish hiking the entire AT. I'm glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

Yes i met a women name katey the last week ,it was amazing the views the people and nothing beats siting under the stars watching them shoot across the sky, i also the one night with my jack links beef jerky (you know where this is going) at night made bigfoot calls and what have you just such a break from city life.