PDA

View Full Version : Laurel Highlands Shuttle Service Help

rwaeger
09-26-2012, 10:40
Hi!

Was planning a trip in January to do the complete trail and called Wilderness Voyagers for pricing on their shuttle service. They say they are no longer offering the service for the foreseeable future. Does any one know of any other shuttle services in the area?

mikec
09-26-2012, 12:49
Don't know of any shuttles but you will enjoy this trail. Nice shelters with fireplaces. Good terrain and mile markers. The only minuses were sulfur tasting water at one of the shelters and, at around mile 50-55, the trail turns left onto a road and follows that for about 2 miles. Easy to miss.

scottminot
09-27-2012, 17:42
I live about 1.5 miles from the trail. I've thru-hiked and day hiked the trail many times. Wilderness Voyagers was the only shuttle service available.
If you jump on the LHHT Facebook page you may be able to find a local to provide a shuttle for you. I would offer but I have an unpredictable work schedule.

Another thing to consider is accessibility to the trail heads during that time of year. I live near the northern end of the trail and the snow can get deep. They usually do not plow the road to the north trail head. And snowshoes would be needed.

handlebar
09-28-2012, 21:44
I recall using a shuttle service out of Ohiopyle, the southern terminus, but I'm not sure if they'd be willing to go all the way to the northern terminus. We met up with the shuttlers at a restaurant in Ohiopyle.