PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days educational sessions

MOWGLI
05-09-2005, 13:55
This weekend I'll be giving two presentations at Trail Days in Damascus.

The first is scheduled for Friday May 13 from 1:30 - 2:30 PM at the Rock School Auditorium. It'll be an overview of the Southeastern Foot Trails Coalition, and our effort to build a 5,000-mile network of trails in the southeast. This program will immediately follow Scott "One Leg" Rogers program.

The second is scheduled for Saturday May 14 from 3:30 - 4:30 PM - also at the Rock School Auditorium. That is immediately after the hiker parade. The program is entitled How to Become a Trail Volunteer. Even if you have done your fair share of trail construction or maintenance, I think you'll find this an informative session. I'll be addressing the many different roles that volunteers can play in an organization.

I hope to see some of you at one or both of these sessions. If you can't make them, please stop by the American Hiking Society tent to say hello.

Jeffrey Hunter

Gonzo!
05-09-2005, 14:02
Also make sure you all stop in at the Appalachian Trail Museum booth and become members of the Appalachian Trail Museum Society. Charter membership is open now.

attroll
05-09-2005, 14:10
MOWGLI16

I have that highlighted on my Trail Days schedule. I am going to try and make it. I can not make no promises though.