PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some extra support as you plan your 2013 or 2014 thru?

Zipper
09-27-2012, 11:38
Hi everyone! I'm Zipper (or Carla) and I hiked the AT in 2009.

I know when I was planning my thru hike, even though I knew about backpacking and had done plenty of it, and even though I spent way too much of my free time lurking on the boards like the ones here at White Blaze, what I really wanted was to have conversations with other women thru hikers.

I was lucky to know a thru hiker in my hometown and sitting down with her and asking really specific questions helped so much. I just couldn't get my mind around some of the logistical stuff like mail drops - should I? Shouldn't I? How would that work? I questioned my gear. Most of all, I questioned my ability to actually accomplish a feat that seemed so daunting at the time.

So, now that I've completed my hike I've created a "virtual campfire" for women planning a thru hike to have all the things I wished I'd had when I was planning, most of all the opportunity to speak with, ask questions, and hear the stories of a bunch of women thru hikers who each "hiked their own hike". Plus an easy and streamlined way to receive mentoring and support and coaching when they're overwhelmed or confused, without fear of any judgement or snarkiness.

I'm super-excited about this program - Wild and White Blazing! and I'm hosting a free Q&A call next Thursday evening about it. Check it out if it sounds cool to you! You can sign up for the call here: http://livingwildandprecious.com/wild-and-white-blazing-a-course-for-women-planning-an-at-thru-hike/

And if you have questions you can email me at [email protected] - I would love to hear from you - it's one of my favorite things to do - talk about the AT!

Cheers!
Carla (Zipper)