PDA

View Full Version : shoes question for my new school dress code?

jakevoj
09-29-2012, 09:15
I got my new pair of formal shoes wet in the rain the other day and they have shrunk pressing my feet. How do I go about making the loose so I can use the shoes as they are less then a week old and I played a high price for the shoes?

moldy
09-29-2012, 09:28
This is what we did in the Navy. Leather shoes, Soak them (again) in a bucket of water early in the am. Take them out and wipe off with paper towells. With socks on put the shoes on and lace them up and wear them to school. While you have them on during the day they will dry and your feet will strech them to the correct shape. Another method is to grease them down with a product called saddle soap and wear them all day and in this soft condition you will strech them out.

Nooga
09-29-2012, 11:15
You might want to try a set of shoe trees.

kayak karl
09-29-2012, 11:35
LOL unless he's our age he won't have a clue what they are :)
,but YES my Dad got married last week and my shoes (in their shoe trees) were just as good as when i wore them in 1989

yellowsirocco
09-29-2012, 12:38
This is very interesting. this is the OP's first post. the topic is not related to hiking or the outdoors at all. it is not inappropriate or provocative though. I know people ask all kinds of questions on here, but usually people get started with topics relating to the theme of the sit. It is just strange, that is all. Oh, well.

jakevoj, welcome to whiteblaze. get a shoe tree.

Don H
09-29-2012, 12:47
Well your should could get wet hiking, not likely but still... ;)

HikerMom58
09-29-2012, 13:28
This is very interesting. this is the OP's first post. the topic is not related to hiking or the outdoors at all. it is not inappropriate or provocative though. I know people ask all kinds of questions on here, but usually people get started with topics relating to the theme of the sit. It is just strange, that is all. Oh, well.

jakevoj, welcome to whiteblaze. get a shoe tree.

Personally, I like this thread... it's not about the same ole same ole. :)

Here's a non related hiking laugh .... this is a true story, it happened the other day... LOL

A quick run into Kroger was good for a couple laughs: 1) they were handing our samples of water (yes, little cups of water, out of a bottle, just like everyone has been drinking for 20 years ... which usually tastes like water out of the tap) 2) the young cashier didn't recognize a bunch of celery ... we had to tell her what is was so she could look up the price (I'm guessing not a lot of whole fruits & vegies in her diet for the last 16 years)

yellowsirocco
09-29-2012, 13:33
Yeah, I am not complaining. I just find it interesting.

HikerMom58
09-29-2012, 13:36
Yeah, I am not complaining. I just find it interesting.

I hear ya....:)

mudhead
09-29-2012, 14:50
Maybe they thought people here would have some practical input, since people once used leather boots.

Expandable shoe tree gadget might cost as much for a new set of shoes...

Get them wet and walk them loose. Add socks after a few minutes.

Stuff with newsprint and dry sloooowwwwly away from heat or sun.

Even if it is a puppet you guys are so leery. You'd think they asked about the CDT in Winter.

Or mags saying he got hitched. I knew that hypnotism correspondence course he took would pay off.

Longfan
10-02-2012, 19:08

LOL unless he's our age he won't have a clue what they are :)
,but YES my Dad got married last week and my shoes (in their shoe trees) were just as good as when i wore them in 1989

KK

Are you calling me old? I know EXACTLY what shoe trees are and for what they are used!

yeah I'm old!!