PDA

View Full Version : October hike in Georgia

mmorgan
09-30-2012, 12:47
Driving up from south Florida to hike from Neels Gap to Dicks Creek Gap or Bly Gap (in two weeks!). I know going to Bly Gap likely means having to go back to Dicks Creek of Blue Ridge Gap to get to a trailhead for shuttle pick up or my car. I am thinking of staying over in Hiawassee before and after hiking. What are the best options for getting to and from these trailheads? Should I leave my car at the trailhead or shuttle? Any information on good shuttlers in the area also greatly appreciated.

generoll
09-30-2012, 15:18
you can park at Deep Gap, NC and be shuttled to Neels Gap if you'd like to get all of GA done north of Neels and not backtrack. You can also park at either Neels or Dicks Creek and hike and shuttle accordingly. To be dropped off or picked up at Blue Ridge Gap may require a one mile road walk depending on weather and shuttler.

Whack-a-mole
09-30-2012, 18:06
I have used Joyce once, and she did a good job for me. I have talked to others who have used her, all with good reports. Her number is 7O6...896...9339. Also, while not cheap, the Holiday Inn in Hiawassee has jacuzzi's in their king rooms. Sure feels good after a few days on the trail. Breakfast is included.