PDA

View Full Version : Black Heart on the Appalachian Trail

Seldomseen
10-01-2012, 22:20
I just finished reading Black Heart on the Appalachian Trail and I must say I am ready to strap on my pack for another thru-hike! The author is a triple crowner and a great writer.

Check it out: http://tjforrester.com/

Rocket Jones
10-02-2012, 06:15
Was it really necessary to post the exact same thing 3 times in three different areas? Borderline spam.

Lone Wolf
10-02-2012, 06:39
oh boy! another AT book

WingedMonkey
10-02-2012, 08:57
You got to love the art of self promotion.

HikerMom58
10-02-2012, 09:01
I just finished reading Black Heart on the Appalachian Trail and I must say I am ready to strap on my pack for another thru-hike! The author is a triple crowner and a great writer.

Cool... there's a thread on doing a triple crown. :) I don't know how it's happening but the threads are multipling on their own, I think. :confused:

Rasty
10-02-2012, 09:11

Cool... there's a thread on doing a triple crown. :) I don't know how it's happening but the threads are multipling on their own, I think. :confused:

When threads breed are they called threadlets?

HikerMom58
10-02-2012, 09:36
When threads breed are they called threadlets?

Yes, that's it- threadlets... who knew? It's happening- BUT only on WB. ;P

Josh Calhoun
10-02-2012, 10:00
i have never heart of the book but i might have to add it to my collection

Seldomseen
10-02-2012, 10:15
Sorry! I did not mean for it to be viewed as spam. I am just really excited about this book because it's different than any of the other books out there.

HikerMom58
10-02-2012, 10:54
Sorry! I did not mean for it to be viewed as spam. I am just really excited about this book because it's different than any of the other books out there.

You're Ok. No worries!! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Seldomseen
10-02-2012, 21:19
Yeah, but this one is different than anything you have ever read before!

HikerMom58
10-03-2012, 13:41
Yeah, but this one is different than anything you have ever read before!

You're making a believer out of me... I just saw another post on here about this same book. I'm def. going to get it. :)

Rain Man
10-03-2012, 15:24

You've made 4 posts, one is this self-serving absolution and the other three are the spam? Did you pee in your pants too, due to all the "excitement?"

Chickentoe
10-03-2012, 18:13
You've made 4 posts, one is this self-serving absolution and the other three are the spam? Did you pee in your pants too, due to all the "excitement?"

Why ya gotta be a dick? Obviously the dude was excited about the book and wanted other hikers to read it. Didn't seem self serving to me.

I peed my pants when I read the book! Finished it in one night! Maybe you should stop being such a dick Rain Man, read the book, and pee your pants more often. ALL THE COOL KIDS PEE THEIR PANTS!

Rocket Jones
10-03-2012, 18:43
Exciting rebuttal! I'm sure glad you saved your very first post ever for that.

Chickentoe
10-03-2012, 19:24
Exciting rebuttal! I'm sure glad you saved your very first post ever for that.
I know right!

Haters gonna hate....

ATMountainTime
10-03-2012, 19:29
LMAO ChickenToe! Funniest first post ive seen! I personally downloaded and will read tonight. Personally I never heard of it, but the trail is my favorite subject Shortens the time between weekends I can hike....so no harm no foul! Must have been one of those replacement refs!

Seldomseen
10-03-2012, 19:33
Thanks Chickentoe. You know I am new to this site and didn't think it was a big deal that I did a couple of post about the book, as I said before it is not spam. I did not realize fellow long distance hikers could be so uptight. I simply wanted fellow hikers to be aware of the book; it is a fictional book and is different than anything that has been published before. And RAIN MAN I did not make 4 post, someone else must have posted something. I wish I had nothing better to do with my life than count how many post people make...oh wait if I had that much time on my hands I would actually be hiking.

HikerMom58
10-03-2012, 19:35
Whoop, Whoop.... I think it's going to be a great read!! Did y'all see Fiddlehead promoting this same book? :)

bfayer
10-03-2012, 20:03
Why ya gotta be a dick? Obviously the dude was excited about the book and wanted other hikers to read it. Didn't seem self serving to me.

I peed my pants when I read the book! Finished it in one night! Maybe you should stop being such a dick Rain Man, read the book, and pee your pants more often. ALL THE COOL KIDS PEE THEIR PANTS!

Why do you have to join a web forum just to call someone dick?

Why is it so hard for someone to come on the internet and just say "I wrote a book and would like you guys to read it. This "I just found this great book" stuff gets old. The people on here are not morons or dicks, but they do tell it like it is and do not suffer fools well.

Note to the guy that actually wrote the book: call back your toadies and come on here and tell us why we should read it. It is really that easy.

Rain Man
10-03-2012, 20:13
Thanks Chickentoe.

Curious that so-called "Chickentoe" has only posted twice. Hmmmm. I think you're digging your hole deeper, perhaps?

P.S. I don't have to spend time counting posts. WB does it for me and shows it on each and every post.

Rain Man

Chickentoe
10-03-2012, 20:15

Why is it so hard for someone to come on the internet and just say "I wrote a book and would like you guys to read it. This "I just found this great book" stuff gets old. The people on here are not morons or dicks, but they do tell it like it is and do not suffer fools well.

Note to the guy that actually wrote the book: call back your toadies and come on here and tell us why we should read it. It is really that easy.

I didn't join a web forum to call someone a dick. I joined because I enjoy hiking and wanted to associate myself with like minded people. Just so happened I read the book, there was a thread about it, wanted to comment and felt bad for Seldomseen (who clearly is an avid reader i.e. Monkey Wrench Gang reference) for being picked on by internet bullies.

I'd like for the author to come on here too! Great idea! Maybe he's hiking?

Seldomseen
10-03-2012, 20:22
Jeez, I did not realize so much drama would happen over me writing a post about a great book. Who would have thought hikers could be so dramatic...I feel like I am in high school again.

bfayer
10-03-2012, 20:25
I didn't join a web forum to call someone a dick. I joined because I enjoy hiking and wanted to associate myself with like minded people. Just so happened I read the book, there was a thread about it, wanted to comment and felt bad for Seldomseen (who clearly is an avid reader i.e. Monkey Wrench Gang reference) for being picked on by internet bullies.

I'd like for the author to come on here too! Great idea! Maybe he's hiking?

Rain Man an internet bully? Now that is funny, you have obviously spent a lot of time lurking here, because you have him pegged so well :rolleyes:

canoe
10-03-2012, 20:35

Well said.......

HikerMom58
10-03-2012, 20:58
Rain Man isn't an internet bully but I was a lil taken back by his post directed at Seldomseen. I didn't think that Seldomseen was doing anything wrong at all with his post. I think people jump to conclusions wayyyy too fast. If he posted a bunch of times you can ask him about it. He addressed the "why" he posted so many times but his explanation was mocked by Rain Man. Then the following reactions.....:eek: High School? ... Yeah, I can see that....

Seldomseen
10-03-2012, 21:05
Thanks HikerMomKD. I think this whole post has drifted far from the point.

Seldomseen
10-03-2012, 23:11
One more thought: The author does not need to say anything because the book will speak on its own; plus it is backed by a major publisher. While I was reading the novel I was reminded of Heart of Darkness and American Gods.

Alligator
10-03-2012, 23:17
Let's let the dust and IP addresses settle a bit on this one:-?.