PDA

View Full Version : Triple Crown Plaque

Mags
10-03-2012, 09:27
From my buddy Disco:

Hikers . . . Let’s raise $300 in 72 Hours!!! ALDHA-West just held it’s annual Gathering & TripleCrowner Ceremony to honor those folks that have completed the entire lengths ofthe Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail & Continental Divide Trail.

Thisyear we had 20 folks apply for Triple Crown Award plaques. Only 10 of thosefolks were able to make it to the Awards Ceremony to get their plaques inperson.

Unfortunately, the 10 Triple Crowners that were not able tomake it to the Awards Ceremony are now on the hook for $30 for eachplaque. Grand total of $300 (10plaques total). It may be the end of hiking season but it’s not too late to doleout one last round of Trail Magic! Lets pull together and cover this $300 tab for these 10Triple Crowners! $5, $10, $20 or whatever you can donate to get these TripleCrowners their plaques would be a huge show of goodwill & a big Attaboy toeach of them for accomplishing such an amazing feat!

I’m currently serving as the Triple Crown Awards Coordinatorfor ALDHA-West and you can Paypal me directly at: lawtong at hotmail dot com

All $$ donated will go directly towards covering the $300for the remaining 10 plaques. Once we hit $300, I’ll post that no moredonations are needed. If we do go over $300, I’ll use every last dime of overage towardsnext years Triple Crown Awards plaques.

Thanks in advance for hooking up your fellow hikers with areally cool Triple Crown Award plaque! You rock!! Best, Disco

Mags
10-03-2012, 12:05
..and it looks like the goal has been reached. Wow...what an outpouring.