PDA

View Full Version : Stomach sleeping

Pendragon
10-03-2012, 14:29
Just ordered my WB BB double layer 1.1, and I think I can adapt to side sleeping if I have to, but having been a stomach sleeper all my life, is the idea of getting flat enough for that in a gathered end hammock just wishful thinking?

Deacon
10-03-2012, 15:21
I have the same hammock, and I can sleep on my side. That said, you may find yourself more comfortable in other positions because a hammock is just different than a bed or air mattress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treesloth
10-03-2012, 15:50
Just ordered my WB BB double layer 1.1, and I think I can adapt to side sleeping if I have to, but having been a stomach sleeper all my life, is the idea of getting flat enough for that in a gathered end hammock just wishful thinking?

I too have been a stomach sleeper all of my life. I find it next to impossible to fall asleep while laying on my back. It's the reason I had to get a 25" wide NeoAir instead of 20". And I'm ok with that. I've wondered what the JRB BMB hammock would be like for stomach sleeping, since it's touted as a true 'lay flat' hammock. 90% of what I've read about them, and reviews, say it's a great hammock. I just don't like the idea of the combined weight of this particular hammock with UQ, TQ, and tarp, not to mention giving up a bit of privacy. There seem to be a lot of tradeoffs either way you go. :-)

chiefduffy
10-03-2012, 16:09
I am a stomach sleeper also. Oddly enough, I don't seem to need to be on my stomach in my WBBB. As Deacon stated, it's different in a hammock. There is a couple of positions unique to hammocks, like fetal position on your back, or one leg extended/one leg bent, that are extremely comfortable and sleep inducing. I do sometimes sleep on my side and have even slept on my stomach for short periods in my BB. I wish I could sleep as deeply in my bed as I do in my hammock.

T-Rx
10-03-2012, 17:38
I also have a WBBB and have always been a side sleeper in my bed at home. However, in my hammock I tend to sleep primarily on my back in the one leg straight and one leg bent position and it has not been an issue at all. Hope you enjoy your WBBB as much as I enjoy mine.

Pendragon
10-03-2012, 22:10
Thanks, guys, I really appreciate the input. I feel better about my "investment" already.

rjjones
10-04-2012, 22:19
I just got back from a 5 day 4 night camping/fishing trip.I'm also a stomach sleeper but have no problem sleeping on my back in my BB.Oh,let me tell you.The 3 other guys cryed every morning about how rough a night they had.I think my hammock got more comfortable every night.Slept like a baby.Good luck.

JaxHiker
10-08-2012, 10:36
I find the only hammock I feel comfortable in on my stomach is the BMBH UL.

philszone95
10-10-2012, 19:26
Good stuff! My blackbird will be here tomorrow! Can't wait!

SevenPines
10-10-2012, 22:50
I am a fervent stomach sleeper and can sleep just fine (but not the whole night) in my WBBB when piched correctly.

burrito
11-09-2012, 15:10
i sleep in a hammock everynight ,while in a bed i am a stomach sleeper, but in a hammock there is no need to
i also sleep about 3 hours a night less in a hammock,
in a bed i needed more hours in bed because i was'nt sleeping well at all
you will find that your sleeping habits will change in a hammock

QiWiz
11-10-2012, 08:37
I'm normally a stomach sleeper, but for reasons I don't understand, in a gathered-end hammock I sleep just fine on my back or side. Maybe it's the "cradled" position, but it works for me. Try it yourself and see.