PDA

View Full Version : Complex tear of Medial Meniscus, in the postterior horn and body,+ 1cm ganglion cyst

10-03-2012, 20:06
In intercondylar notch just anterior to the tibial insertion of the ACL, so what does all that mean, surgery is what the doc says. What do you all say?
I have severe pain in knee after doing 3,000 ft steep downs, otherwise not much pain. Odd thing is my pain is just under the knee cap top edge. They want to do the ortho scopic thing 3 small holes pump in water clean it all up remove anything hanging. Is it worth it,they said 3 to 7 day recovery. Again I need opinions of those who have been through this.

fredmugs
10-03-2012, 20:22
Find a member on here called DAKS and try sending him a message. He is in the medical field and has torn his meniscus at least twice. I don't know if he's still active here or not.

canoe
10-03-2012, 20:24
Yes its worth it!!!

canoe
10-03-2012, 20:26
3 to 7 days recovery is a bit quick. Does that mean full recovery, partial, back on the trail. It seems to be a bit quick

Wise Old Owl
10-03-2012, 20:27
Getter done! several of us went thru this as I this summer... its a walk in the park.... Schedule a physical therapist about one to two months after the operation... Its a godsend... you will not regret it.

Mountain Maiden
10-03-2012, 21:06
In intercondylar notch just anterior to the tibial insertion of the ACL, so what does all that mean, surgery is what the doc says. What do you all say?
I have severe pain in knee after doing 3,000 ft steep downs, otherwise not much pain. Odd thing is my pain is just under the knee cap top edge. They want to do the ortho scopic thing 3 small holes pump in water clean it all up remove anything hanging. Is it worth it,they said 3 to 7 day recovery. Again I need opinions of those who have been through this.

Ouch!Ouch! Ouch! Been there, done that. Like you said--SEVERE PAIN! Took a bad fall on the ice and had tears in both knees. But, I didn't have surgery--loooong term healing--about a year--still some weakness.

If you have insurance and a good doctor--I'd go for the surgery and quick recovery.

Gillum
10-03-2012, 21:10
Been there. Done that! Just do it and be sure you do physical therapy.

Hatch
10-04-2012, 11:19
Had both knees done. Recovery is short. Don't even hesitate to have it done.

skinewmexico
10-04-2012, 18:17
Good luck. I did something to mine running up stairs Tuesday. Can't get in to the ortho until the 26th. I did have my kneecap cleaned out several years ago, it wasn't that big of a deal. Probably took a month or two to get full flexion back. Have you tried to rehab it? I've noticed a lot of college (and probably pro) sports will rehab knee injuries prior to surgery. That lets anything that will heal on it's own heal, then they fix what's left.