PDA

View Full Version : Looking for AT section hiking buddies in northern Va

rav4spirit
10-09-2012, 14:57
We section hike the AT on weekends. Looking for others that may be interested in doing the same. We hike at a casual pace (2.0 - 2.5 mph). We belong to a hiking club but they tend to shy away from the AT. We tend to hike between 5 & 15 miles each trek.

attroll
10-10-2012, 00:35
Moved this topic/thread to the Hooking Up forum.

jlo
10-11-2012, 18:11
Hey, I live in Richmond and am also looking for weekend hiking partners. I'm not in NoVA, but I can drive over to the AT to meet up. Your pace/distance sounds great for me. I have my own gear and was going to do some solo hiking, but would prefer to be with other people. PM me if you'd like to get more info.
Jenny

Virginia Archer
10-12-2012, 20:57
Hey, I live in Richmond and am also looking for weekend hiking partners. I'm not in NoVA, but I can drive over to the AT to meet up. Your pace/distance sounds great for me. I have my own gear and was going to do some solo hiking, but would prefer to be with other people. PM me if you'd like to get more info.
Jenny
Jlo, I'm in Powhatan also looking for friends to hike and do sections with, until my wife is happy with her hiking ability. Then we all can do some with the 3 of us.

johnnybgood
10-12-2012, 21:09
Archer, I'm nearby. Send me a PM , maybe we can hook up.

rav4spirit
10-13-2012, 13:20
Hi Jenny,
My husband & I are currently section hiking on the weekends in the southern district of Shenandoah National Park. If you're interested we could always meet you at the I-64 Rockfish Gap entrance. We still have about 35 miles in SNP southern district to complete. It would be cool to have other people hike with us so just let me know.

Jacinta~

"Atlas"
10-14-2012, 12:32
Newport News area myself. Would love to get in some weekend hiking on the A.T. Dont have transport to the Trail however as I ride a bike. I have plenty of free time so let me know if you need a wingman for any weekend.

Firefighter503
10-18-2012, 11:37
Monday/Tuesday I'll be knocking out the 20ish miles from Bears Den Hostel - Harper's Ferry if anyone wants to tag along.

Also, a couple of us are headed out for a 25ish mile hike in N. Shenandoah/Front Royal area next Thurs-Sat. If anyone is interested in meeting up, post up.