PDA

View Full Version : Vargo Titanium Yes or No...take a peek at Bot Pot. - cooking .

Wise Old Owl
10-10-2012, 21:17
I tried a few stoves and was dissapointed a few years ago. That was my fault-wrong fuel. SO I took a peek at the cat today and saw the
screw top lid on a large pot....Bot Pot ..yea huge!

http://www.vargooutdoors.com/templates/Original/Vargo_Catalog.pdf

Just looking for thoughts on this...

snifur
10-10-2012, 22:47
it will get hot fast and cool down fast so a cozy is needed. i cant see myself unscrewing each time i want a drink. so it would be used only for cooking. i would not want to carry it unless i had something to store inside it that is for cooking like the burner. and then if i am doing that then i prolly will just stick with my jetboil set. but i bet coffee tastes great in it.

QiWiz
10-11-2012, 14:13
I tried a few stoves and was dissapointed a few years ago. That was my fault-wrong fuel. SO I took a peek at the cat today and saw the
screw top lid on a large pot....Bot Pot ..yea huge!

http://www.vargooutdoors.com/templates/Original/Vargo_Catalog.pdf

Just looking for thoughts on this...

Looks interesting. Agree would need a cozy. I like the option of using on trail to camel up with a SteriPen treatment without a separate container. Tall shape will not be as efficiently heated as a squat shape. Would work well on a small wood burner using cozy to keep pot soot layer off of pack and self. Shape will make it harder to eat out of. If you get one, let us know what you think.

Cadenza
10-11-2012, 16:01
I have that alchy burner. It is THE WORST alchy burner I have ever used.
On the other hand, that's the BEST alcohol fuel bottle I have used.
As to the pot, I think there are better options.

Currently, I'm intrigued by the new offering from Evernew.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evernew-Titanium-Alcohol-Stove-Appalachian-Cook-Set-/261106438848?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccb2812c0

It is my understanding that Evernew was wiped out in the Japanese Tsunami. Their products have been nearly impossible to find lately. But it appears that they are now back online. This new kit looks like something I might buy as a gift to get someone started.

Wise Old Owl
10-14-2012, 11:13
When I attached the thread I got the whole page, Specifically I was looking at the pot with a screw top lid... I am also looking at the Hexagon wood stove... As for the pot I think I have enough reflectix for the cozy

Has anyone used the wood stove?

Wise Old Owl
10-19-2012, 19:01
Hey I am looking for folk to weight in here.....

snifur
10-19-2012, 19:21
i can not say that i have used it. but i have played with it. i dont have the patience for woodburners on a small scale. but i can attest that it does fold flat and is light. does hold a flame, breathe and directs the heat well. the notched top is what i think i liked most about it. since the top was narrow at around 3 inches it was the perfect size for a pot and with a piece of tinfoil over the top, we were able to have bacon done just right.

leaftye
10-19-2012, 21:14
Bot Pot is nice in that it will prevent the contents of the pot from falling out, so it can do without a stuff sack. It's overkill, yet doesn't even have a handle.