PDA

View Full Version : Clark North American vs NX-150, etc

Finger
10-11-2012, 21:08
Hi
I'm a prospective 2013 thru-hiker, and I don't really have any experience hammock camping but I think I want to try one out this fall to see if it's something I'd want to use. After reading up a little bit the Clark hammocks seem like a good choice (thoughts?) but I can't figure out which would be best for a 6'1" guy around 160 lbs. I've been looking at the North American, the NA-200, the NX-150 and the NX-250 and I'm a little confused as to what the differences are.

If anybody could help out I'd really appreciate it. These forums have already given me so many insights into the gear world, and that was before I even signed up!

Cadenza
10-11-2012, 23:18
First of all,.....you need to check out Hammock Forums. ;)

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/index.php

Second,....The difference between North American and NX-150 is the NX-150 has fiberglass poles to hold fabric is a more open position, creating the feeling of spaciousness. The NX-150 can be used without the poles and is thus essentially the same as the NA.

The NA-200 is a bigger bed, about 6 inches longer. At 6'1" you don't need it,.....but you might like it.

I have the NX-150, the "Tropical", and I used to have the Ultralight model. I also have a Warbonnett Blackbird.
I think Clarks is the way to go. If I could only have one, it would be a Clarks.

Finger
10-12-2012, 14:56
Okay, thanks. That clears things up. Now I'm off to check out the hammock forum.

gunner76
10-12-2012, 18:52
check out Black Birds