PDA

View Full Version : Art Loeb water

Drybones
10-14-2012, 20:14
Three of us doing the Art Loeb this coming week end, anyone know how the current water supply is on the AL? Thanks.

Papa D
10-14-2012, 20:25
these locations are almost always reliable:

Shining Rock Gap
Deep Gap
Glouschster Gap - - go east on the forest service road a bit
Butter Gap
Creek Beyond Butter Gap

There are more sources than this - you should be fine.

Violent Green
10-14-2012, 23:21
Just did the Art Loeb trail a couple weekends ago. There aren't as many water sources as I was used to compared to the AT, but we did fine. The usual sources were all flowing well. just take the opportunity to camel up every chance you get. I carry two 20oz water bottles and a 1.5L platy for reference. There are a couple stretches of probably 5-6 miles where water is scarce so we had to conserve a little in those sections. At least it's cool out so you won't need to replace as much as during warmer weather.

Ryan

OldStormcrow
10-15-2012, 11:22
I was up at Shining Rock on the Art Loeb last week and there was water everywhere.....even where it shouldn't be. The most water sources I have seen in years up there.

Violent Green
10-15-2012, 13:18
I was up at Shining Rock on the Art Loeb last week and there was water everywhere.....even where it shouldn't be. The most water sources I have seen in years up there.

Yep, the trail through Shining Rock had about 2 inches of water for probably 100 feet when I was up there. Surprised for sure.

Ryan