PDA

View Full Version : Big Agnes replacement

Grunt
10-19-2012, 11:43
On a recent setion hike from Atkins to Bland, Va I discovered that my four year old Big Agnes air mattress developed a leak. I checked it out before I left and there were no problems; however, the first night at the shelter was another matter... not much sleep on those hard boards for this 60 year old. The next evening my buddy and I found the leak and I used the patch kit to repair it.... not wanting to take a chance I used duck tape too! For most of the night it held but... yep, flat again. Next shelter we found the new leak and patched it as best we could.
The best news was when I returned home I contacted Big Agnes and they said to send it back and they would evaluate it... why not... it wasn't any good to me anymore. To my very pleasent surprised they contacted me and said it was under warranty and they were sending a replacement. Just thought I'd send along this note to the hiking community so that they could hear of a real story about a real company that stands behing their product.
Thanks BIG AGNES

jakedatc
10-19-2012, 11:53
I use my tents ground sheet in shelters to avoid splinters or nails/screws etc from messing up my pad. tyvek is great for that.

Blissful
10-19-2012, 12:29
I changed to the neo air products. No issues for months of hiking. But BA has helped me on the past.