PDA

View Full Version : Partner for thru March/April 2013

HeartWalker
10-19-2012, 11:51
My thru in 2010 ended just outside Erwin, TN with a broken ankle. I tried again in 2011 from the same spot but after a week the ankle still wasn't right. So now I am ready to give it another whirl. My plan is to start in Erwin and go northbound and then after I get to Maine either call it done or maybe come back to Erwin and finish up southbound. I am an experienced hiker and feel like I would have made it the first time if it wasn't for the ankle. So I met lots of great people before but I think this time it would be nice to have some company and somebody I could depend on and vice versa. You can check out my trail journal here http://www.trailjournals.com/heart/ If this sounds like something you are interested in let me know. You can PM or email me at [email protected]

trapper
10-19-2012, 18:16
it might be helpful if you post your daily mileage you typically do a day...i tried for a long time on here to get a partner for my LT thru this year got one reply it was a young girl and my wife sniped that in the but asap so that didn't work. the hardest part about long hikes for me is being without my family. i think if i had a close partner it would help me alot. some people go out for the solitude but that's not me i like companionship however i did meet a few great people

HeartWalker
10-19-2012, 20:41
Thanks Trapper. My highest mileage day was 20 miles but my average was more like 10 to 15. Yeah after about 8 weeks out last time it would definitely be nice to have a partner that we could help each other out and kind of have each others back. I wouldn't expect to hike together all the time as everyone is different but definitely keep up with each other. The good part about starting in Erwin is missing most of the crowd and not having to do the Smokies early on.

trapper
10-20-2012, 11:46
i really hope you can find a partner if you think it will help you be successful...good luck...what state are you in?

HeartWalker
10-20-2012, 14:16
I am in North Georgia near the trail

trapper
10-21-2012, 08:06
that would be awesome...the closest part of the AT for me is 6 hrs kinda makes spur of the moment trips more difficult...anyway good luck im pulling for you

HeartWalker
10-21-2012, 21:14
Thanks again.

Danl
10-21-2012, 21:53
I and my cousin are leaving early march , but are leaving from the start. Not sure how many miles we will be doing to start. 8 or so sounds good to my feet. Probably be awhole lot of people out there. You can hike with us until you find someone else or go all the way to Maine with us in tow.

tiptoe
10-21-2012, 21:58
Best of luck to you, HeartWalker. I broke my ankle last year on the AT and if all goes well, I am hoping to backpack again in 2013. Hope you find a good hiking partner.

HikerMom58
10-22-2012, 08:33
Hum... 2010 you tried ur thru hike? I bet I might know some hikers that you hiked with in 2010.. I'll have to check out your journal.. I hope u can find someone to hike with soon... Best of luck to you.