PDA

View Full Version : Casio Pathfinder question

Praha4
10-20-2012, 09:26
I usually wear a casio Pathfinder watch while hiking, I bought it back in 2009. My favorite feature is the altimeter. The watch has a barometric pressure sensor, that then displays the altitude in feet or meters. Of course its accuracy is affected by atmospheric pressure from weather systems, and the altitude reading has to be reset occasionally on the trail, from benchmarks or other known altitude spots on the trail. That is not the issue I'm having with this watch.

It also has a waypoint memory feature where it will store altitude readings at waypoints while you're hiking. The "memory" on my watch is now full, and my trip this week, the altimeter feature would not display any altitude readings. I've tried going thru the "manual" from Casio (the print is so small u need a magnifying glass to read it), to delete the readings and erase the memory on the watch. But it won't erase. The watch is now just a timekeeper, and one too big and heavy just for time. I can get a cheaper, lighter watch besides a pathfinder.

anyone else have one of these type watches, and have any suggestions? my next step is call customer service at Casio, but I have a feeling they will not be much help either. Maybe another type altimeter watch would be better...

tia

tjkenney67
10-20-2012, 09:37
I have one and its a great watch... here you go, try this.

1. In the Data Recall Mode, hold down (E / Adjust) until CLR flashes on the display and the watch beeps twice.
*** Releasing (E / Adjust) at any time while CLR is flashing on the display will cancel the delete operation.

2. Keep (E / Adjust) depressed for two seconds. The qwatch will beep to indicate all of the altitude data stored in watch memory (including readings you stored at high altitude value) is deleted.

Thant should solve your issue...

Capt Nat
10-20-2012, 09:44
Looking at my manual, give this a final try before you throw it in the disposal..

1. Use "D" to enter the data recall mode

2. Use "B" to select the memory area you want to clear

3. Hold down "E" until "CLR HOLD" appears on the display and then "Hold" disappears.

Good luck, I hope this does it. I have one of these watches and love all the functions. Peace...

WingedMonkey
10-20-2012, 10:44
I've tried going thru the "manual" from Casio (the print is so small u need a magnifying glass to read it),

Manuals in easy to enlarge PDF format:

http://pathfinder.casio.com/support/manual/

(http://pathfinder.casio.com/support/manual/)