PDA

View Full Version : garmin rino 120?

miyanc
10-21-2012, 17:36
I am looking to maybe buy a used one at a local pawn shop for 100. The kicker is that I get 2 for that price, but the second one doesn't work. It looks like the terminals are corroded. So my question is is this unit worth, lets say a little less then 100?

who has this unit and how do you like it?

leaftye
10-21-2012, 19:03
Yeah, that's totally worth it.

miyanc
10-21-2012, 21:07
Yeah, that's totally worth it.

so you own one and like it?

leaftye
10-21-2012, 21:14
I wish I had a use for one. Ned Tibbets uses these on his snow courses for pct hikers.

If that second one only suffers from corroded terminals, you'll easily have two operable Rino's. The only real downside to these is that it doesn't accept memory cards, which may be limiting if you want to load all the tracks and way points for a long thru hike.

I'd happily buy it for $100. If I wasn't going to use it, I'd just sell it on ebay and turn a tidy profit...and a big profit if the second one was fixed.

miyanc
10-22-2012, 20:42
I just got both for 85. I started cleaning the broken one. I took it apart and cleaned some of it but it didn't work. I will work on it more tomorrow. I am missing the serial cables, clips, and one of the knobs the clip clips into. I will make lanyards. They both look clean. No scratches or blemishes. We will see how it goes.

SunnyWalker
10-22-2012, 20:47
If they end up working they will be great. All you need is UTM Coords and they will give them to you. Then go to your map. Roll on!!!!