PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass wicking

Schooley
10-26-2012, 17:11
What kind of adhesive or glue to you recommend to wrap a fiberglass wick around a Heineken can? I have one cook pot that I purchased from Tinny a few years ago and love it and now I want to make my own; I already have the wicking and two old style 24 once keg cans. We canít find those anymore and I want to put them to good use!

perrymk
10-26-2012, 18:18
I can't help with your main issue but I have a few of the keg style cans that I always meant to use but never did. They've been sitting on a shelf in the garage long enough that it is likely they'll get tossed before they get used. PM me an address and they're yours.

atraildreamer
10-27-2012, 13:24
What kind of adhesive or glue to you recommend to wrap a fiberglass wick around a Heineken can? I have one cook pot that I purchased from Tinny a few years ago and love it and now I want to make my own; I already have the wicking and two old style 24 once keg cans. We can’t find those anymore and I want to put them to good use!

I have used hi-temperature silicone gasket sealer. It can take the heat, but remains flexible. Spilled alcohol will not affect it. It can be found in auto stores, or the auto department of any major department store. It usually comes in a red-colored tube. Here are two typical brands:

Schooley
10-27-2012, 21:17
Thank You, I will try that.

Wise Old Owl
10-27-2012, 21:23
Yea but here we are several years later and I thought we as a group gave up on that.... I am using bicycle gloves and just pick it up - dual service

perrito
10-27-2012, 21:51
Anyone else confused?

atraildreamer
10-28-2012, 15:57
Anyone else confused?

All the time!

What forum is this? :confused: :banana

zelph
10-28-2012, 17:53
What kind of adhesive or glue to you recommend to wrap a fiberglass wick around a Heineken can? I have one cook pot that I purchased from Tinny a few years ago and love it and now I want to make my own; I already have the wicking and two old style 24 once keg cans. We canít find those anymore and I want to put them to good use!

"Tinny" has a video on youtube that shows him wrapping the Keg. I think he used Super Glue. Email Tinny and ask him.

"Smokeeater" on youtube also shows how he attaches the wrap.

zelph
10-28-2012, 17:55
I can't help with your main issue but I have a few of the keg style cans that I always meant to use but never did. They've been sitting on a shelf in the garage long enough that it is likely they'll get tossed before they get used. PM me an address and they're yours.

I'll trade a Ridgeline Foster Pot for a Keg if you are interested.

Wise Old Owl
10-28-2012, 18:34
Zelph are you still wrapping these pots or are you now doing something different?

perrymk
10-28-2012, 18:43
I'll trade a Ridgeline Foster Pot for a Keg if you are interested.

The OP doesn't seem interested so I can send them to you just as easy. PM a place to send them to.

zelph
10-29-2012, 22:43
The OP doesn't seem interested so I can send them to you just as easy. PM a place to send them to.

Thank you very much. I'll get the info to you.

Schooley
11-05-2012, 13:40
Sorry for the delay boys (and girls) I was out and away for awhile. Thank You for all the information, I am going to try some Krazy Glue to glue the wicking on this week in the shop. I will send a private message to Zelph and perrymk. Have a great day to everyone.