PDA

View Full Version : Is this sign the wave of the future?

10-27-2012, 16:09
What they going to post one at every trailhead

Cookerhiker
10-27-2012, 16:14
Yes, it is the wave of the future. As gear becomes even lighter, footwear continues to improve, and hikers become more fit, the need to impose hiking speed limits will become apparent. It's a safety concern.:D

hikerboy57
10-27-2012, 16:16
Yes, it is the wave of the future. As gear becomes even lighter, footwear continues to improve, and hikers become more fit, the need to impose hiking speed limits will become apparent. It's a safety concern.:D

lmao..............best post of the week!

Altarboy
10-27-2012, 16:16
When I'm nude, I'm not comfortable above about 15mph.

WingedMonkey
10-27-2012, 16:24
I've tried biking nude. Can't say it was pleasant.

evansprater
10-27-2012, 16:26
Frackin ultralighters. I saw one SoBo sprint past me a few days ago going down rocky top, he must've been going at least 25. Need more rangers out there ticketing the bastards.

Train Wreck
10-27-2012, 17:45
Speeding hikers + SAH (Slow *ss Hikers), just a tragedy waiting to unfold....

http://www.lawcapital.com/consulting-an-attorney-in-rear-end-collisions-article

Starchild
10-27-2012, 18:03
I think that does not apply on hike naked day

ChuckBrown
10-27-2012, 18:23
I was along the blue ridge parkway, taking a break near the road , with other thru hikers. It was June and hot, so I was topless.....( calm down I am a man). A car came around the bend, it was a blue ridge parkway ranger police car.
All of sudden he screeched to halt right where we were taking a break. As an officer jumped out of the driver side, I stood up, he was looking right at me and walking toward me. Then he went from serious cop guy to smiling ranger. He explained that from the road it looked like I was totally nude, he was gonna bust me. In the past he has seen nude hikers, most likely on the solstice .

AjR
10-27-2012, 18:29
Too funny....

Astro
10-27-2012, 18:37
Wow, I wish I could hike 20 MPH. Being able to do a thru-hike in 2 weeks would be awesome.

HermesUL
10-27-2012, 20:38
Speeding hikers + SAH (Slow *ss Hikers), just a tragedy waiting to unfold....

http://www.lawcapital.com/consulting-an-attorney-in-rear-end-collisions-article

"If you have been involved in a rear-end collision and you have been injured, the best thing you can do is consult an attorney to discuss your legal options."

Really? I always thought the best thing to do when injured is to go to the hospital. Silly me, I've got to start thinking more about my finances!

Pedaling Fool
10-27-2012, 20:46
What they going to post one at every trailhead

I lived near Chesapeake, Va back in the mid-90's, so just curious, which road is that?

gdwelker
10-27-2012, 21:20
I lived near Chesapeake, Va back in the mid-90's, so just curious, which road is that?

I think that is the sign post on the gravel road that goes from the wildlife loop to the "flats" on Assateague Island National Wildlife Refuge.

Pedaling Fool
10-27-2012, 21:33
I think that is the sign post on the gravel road that goes from the wildlife loop to the "flats" on Assateague Island National Wildlife Refuge.Much of my family is from Chincoteague and I use to go there reguarly as a kid (but I didn't grow up on the Island) and even today we have a summer house there. Everytime we all meet there we go cycling around that refuge on Assateague before eating breakfast, but maybe I just haven't noticed the sign, I don't know. Now I'm really curious where this sign is.

SassyWindsor
10-27-2012, 22:55
http://www.recumbentblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/speedlimit.jpg

SassyWindsor
10-27-2012, 23:04
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ1_8dEfMTAXUUxlKwNESwqE3mDjVIq zjqgUdtHANLG9Wye2rA

kayak karl
10-27-2012, 23:22
they can clock you. got a verbal warning 28 in a 25 on a bicycle.

Kingbee
10-28-2012, 01:06
The sign is at the gate to the service road running north from the wildlife loop at Chincoteague NWR.

Train Wreck
10-28-2012, 01:56
The sign is at the gate to the service road running north from the wildlife loop at Chincoteague NWR.

You guys are all on the wrong track. The sign is for the wild ponies. No galloping over 20 mph & no nude riders.

AjR
10-28-2012, 04:07
You guys are all on the wrong track. The sign is for the wild ponies. No galloping over 20 mph & no nude riders.

Oh, ok, cause I was worried there for a second.....

trapper
10-28-2012, 09:33
funniest thread I've seen on here...great way to start my day! thanks

Coffee Rules!
10-28-2012, 09:44
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Odd Man Out
10-28-2012, 10:07
Every time I see the subject heading for this thread I misread it and think it is asking about sine waves. Sorry for going off on a tangent.

Cookerhiker
10-28-2012, 10:20

And who would know better whether something's "off track" than someone with your screen name?:)

Marta
10-28-2012, 10:20
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ1_8dEfMTAXUUxlKwNESwqE3mDjVIq zjqgUdtHANLG9Wye2rA

Hah! My bike route to work included a 25 mph zone on a steep downhill. I used to deliberately watch the cycling computer to see how much faster I could go. I did see a cop there once, and hit the brakes.

Pedaling Fool
10-28-2012, 10:42
Speedlimits and traffic is why I stay away from bike paths; I'm perfectly happy playing in the road with the cars:)

The cyclist-on-cyclists and cyclists-on-pedestrian accidents are actually quite common; I know of at least two cases in California where cyclists have killed pedestrians and one in Hawaii -- those were on normal roads, but even happens on bike paths

Here's just one example http://greatergreaterwashington.org/post/15154/cyclist-kills-pedestrian-does-calling-on-your-left-not-work/

Cyclist kills pedestrian; does calling "on your left" not work?

by David Alpert (http://greatergreaterwashington.org/alpert/) • June 12, 2012 8:24 am

A man on a bike hit an 81-year-old woman walking (http://www.arlnow.com/2012/06/11/woman-seriously-injured-after-being-hit-by-cyclist/) on the Four Mile Run trail, ARLnow reports, and the woman subsequently died of the injuries. Do we need better consensus on how to alert pedestrians to passing cyclists?

The 62-year-old cyclist was heading down a hill and shouted "on your left" to warn the woman. Instead of either moving right or just being alert, she apparently turned around in a way that moved to the left, while exclaiming "what?" The cyclist then struck her, she fell, and her head hit the ground.

Update: ARLnow is now also reporting that the cyclist rang a bell (http://www.arlnow.com/2012/06/11/woman-seriously-injured-after-being-hit-by-cyclist/) as well as calling out.

Whether or not this particular cyclist did something wrong, the first rule always must be that people riding bikes need to be careful around pedestrians. Daniel Hoagland, WABA's Bicycle Ambassador, wrote in an email:

Pedestrians are unpredictable and vulnerable, which is a bad combination (and doesn't even get into things like pets and children and the mobility-impaired), and bicyclists should be prepared to slow down to whatever speed is necessary to ensure that they can react safely to whatever a pedestrian does.

WashCycle points out (http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?2384-Woman-Hit-by-Cyclist-on-Four-Mile-Run&p=21868#post21868) a comment from rcannon100 (http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?2384-Woman-Hit-by-Cyclist-on-Four-Mile-Run&p=21868#post21868) on the BikeArlington forum:

If the sequence is (a) signal (b) unanticipated response from pedestrian (c) collision, then you are calling too close. You need to call far enough back that when the pedestrian "reacts," you can respond appropriately.

On the other hand, as others noted, the cyclist might not have even been moving very fast; sadly, even a low-speed collision can turn into a fatal injury for a senior citizen.

What is the best way to alert pedestrians?

Some suggested that a bell is better than a shouted warning, partly because it's audible from farther away. What kind of warning is the right one? Does "on your left" actually lead many people to move left instead of watching out to the left?

There seems to be significant differences of opinion on what kind of audible warning a cyclist should give. In a recent comment thread (http://greatergreaterwashington.org/post/15051/metrobus-hits-cyclist-wmata-brushes-victim-off/#comments), most people agreed that a driver honking at a cyclist is not helpful but rather feels like intimidation. But people didn't agree about the ped-bike interaction.

Some people who walk on multi-use trails said they wanted to hear a warning or bell, while others feel like hearing a bell sounds like an arrogant command to move over instead of a helpful alert for safety.

What do you think? Please give your opinions in the form below.

Regardless of what warning turns out to be the consensus, pedestrians won't be able to hear an audible warning if headphones or other devices make it impossible to hear anything.

Cyclists on a multi-use trail need to realize they are the less vulnerable road user and take care to react to unpredictable pedestrian moves, but people walking or jogging also should recognize that they're on a shared trail where cyclists will travel at some speed and try to be predictable, keep pets on short leashes, and so on.

By that token, sidewalks aren't the same as trails. If a person on a bike wants to use a sidewalk, they must act like guests, deferring to pedestrians no matter how slowly they want to walk or how much they are blocking the path. To travel faster, ride in the road.

Cookerhiker
10-28-2012, 11:20
I have concluded that requiring cyclists to have bells/horns and use them is meaningless. I can't count how many times I've cycled on bike paths - both here in KY and where I used to live in MD and DC - that I'd ring and ring umpteen times but the pedestrians, slow bikers, etc. never respond, as if they think you're ringing because you like the sound of the bell. Yelling out "on your left!" or whatever is the only way to get their attention.

bear bag hanger
10-28-2012, 11:43
Speedlimits and traffic is why I stay away from bike paths; I'm perfectly happy playing in the road with the cars:)

The cyclist-on-cyclists and cyclists-on-pedestrian accidents are actually quite common; I know of at least two cases in California where cyclists have killed pedestrians and one in Hawaii -- those were on normal roads, but even happens on bike paths

Here's just one example http://greatergreaterwashington.org/post/15154/cyclist-kills-pedestrian-does-calling-on-your-left-not-work/

Cyclist kills pedestrian; does calling "on your left" not work?

by David Alpert (http://greatergreaterwashington.org/alpert/) • June 12, 2012 8:24 am

A man on a bike hit an 81-year-old woman walking (http://www.arlnow.com/2012/06/11/woman-seriously-injured-after-being-hit-by-cyclist/) on the Four Mile Run trail, ARLnow reports, and the woman subsequently died of the injuries. Do we need better consensus on how to alert pedestrians to passing cyclists?

The 62-year-old cyclist was heading down a hill and shouted "on your left" to warn the woman. Instead of either moving right or just being alert, she apparently turned around in a way that moved to the left, while exclaiming "what?" The cyclist then struck her, she fell, and her head hit the ground.

Update: ARLnow is now also reporting that the cyclist rang a bell (http://www.arlnow.com/2012/06/11/woman-seriously-injured-after-being-hit-by-cyclist/) as well as calling out.

Whether or not this particular cyclist did something wrong, the first rule always must be that people riding bikes need to be careful around pedestrians. Daniel Hoagland, WABA's Bicycle Ambassador, wrote in an email:

Pedestrians are unpredictable and vulnerable, which is a bad combination (and doesn't even get into things like pets and children and the mobility-impaired), and bicyclists should be prepared to slow down to whatever speed is necessary to ensure that they can react safely to whatever a pedestrian does.

WashCycle points out (http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?2384-Woman-Hit-by-Cyclist-on-Four-Mile-Run&p=21868#post21868) a comment from rcannon100 (http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?2384-Woman-Hit-by-Cyclist-on-Four-Mile-Run&p=21868#post21868) on the BikeArlington forum:

If the sequence is (a) signal (b) unanticipated response from pedestrian (c) collision, then you are calling too close. You need to call far enough back that when the pedestrian "reacts," you can respond appropriately.

On the other hand, as others noted, the cyclist might not have even been moving very fast; sadly, even a low-speed collision can turn into a fatal injury for a senior citizen.

What is the best way to alert pedestrians?

Some suggested that a bell is better than a shouted warning, partly because it's audible from farther away. What kind of warning is the right one? Does "on your left" actually lead many people to move left instead of watching out to the left?

There seems to be significant differences of opinion on what kind of audible warning a cyclist should give. In a recent comment thread (http://greatergreaterwashington.org/post/15051/metrobus-hits-cyclist-wmata-brushes-victim-off/#comments), most people agreed that a driver honking at a cyclist is not helpful but rather feels like intimidation. But people didn't agree about the ped-bike interaction.

Some people who walk on multi-use trails said they wanted to hear a warning or bell, while others feel like hearing a bell sounds like an arrogant command to move over instead of a helpful alert for safety.

What do you think? Please give your opinions in the form below.

Regardless of what warning turns out to be the consensus, pedestrians won't be able to hear an audible warning if headphones or other devices make it impossible to hear anything.

Cyclists on a multi-use trail need to realize they are the less vulnerable road user and take care to react to unpredictable pedestrian moves, but people walking or jogging also should recognize that they're on a shared trail where cyclists will travel at some speed and try to be predictable, keep pets on short leashes, and so on.

By that token, sidewalks aren't the same as trails. If a person on a bike wants to use a sidewalk, they must act like guests, deferring to pedestrians no matter how slowly they want to walk or how much they are blocking the path. To travel faster, ride in the road.

This is why multi-use trails don't work!

Pedaling Fool
10-28-2012, 12:53
This is why multi-use trails don't work!True.

BTW, I used the term, "bike path", however, I realize there is no such thing, even if someone builds a so-called bike path it will be used by all, i.e. dog walkers, skaters, joggers... and worst of all families with little kids on bikes:eek: Kids are the worst, they scare the hell out of me. So the only real term to use for these paths are Multi Use Paths (MUPs). But that's ok, by me, I guess we need to put them little rug rats somewhere :D I'll keep to the roads :sun

Cookerhiker
10-28-2012, 13:10
True.

BTW, I used the term, "bike path", however, I realize there is no such thing, even if someone builds a so-called bike path it will be used by all, i.e. dog walkers, skaters, joggers... and worst of all families with little kids on bikes:eek: Kids are the worst, they scare the hell out of me. So the only real term to use for these paths are Multi Use Paths (MUPs). But that's ok, by me, I guess we need to put them little rug rats somewhere :D I'll keep to the roads :sun

As much as I love little kids, I've had some dicey experiences on "bike" paths. Have you ever noticed that kids under a certain age - about 4 - actually turn into the path when they see/hear you coming? What gets me is how clueless parents act - like statues on the side before finally lifting the child out of harm's way at the last minute.

Wise Old Owl
10-28-2012, 13:12
"If you have been involved in a rear-end collision and you have been injured, the best thing you can do is consult an attorney to discuss your legal options."

Really? I always thought the best thing to do when injured is to go to the hospital. Silly me, I've got to start thinking more about my finances!

Really? if you are involved in a rear end collision one would hope Vaseline or KY and protection would be involved!:eek:

Pedaling Fool
10-28-2012, 13:13
Exactly! I've had them look directly in my eyes as we were on a collision course. All I'm thinking is why is this kid looking directly at me :confused:

As Bill Cosby has said: Kids are brain damaged :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyMSc97UksM

Wise Old Owl
10-28-2012, 14:35
As much as I love little kids, I've had some dicey experiences on "bike" paths. Have you ever noticed that kids under a certain age - about 4 - actually turn into the path when they see/hear you coming? What gets me is how clueless parents act - like statues on the side before finally lifting the child out of harm's way at the last minute.

Its like parents telling kids what not to do and watch them do it..... I agree, but this behavior goes past 4

Odd Man Out
10-28-2012, 14:44
I'll keep to the roads :sun

Yeah! I hate it when bicyclists think they should be treated like pedestrians, which (by definition) they are not. My daughter may hold some sort of record for being pulled over by a cop about 30 seconds after getting her learner's permit. She made a right turn onto a divided highway. A bicyclist was coming down the sidewalk from the other direction, on our side of the road. By the time we were completing our turn, the cyclist had reached the intersection, crossed the other two lanes of traffic, two turn lanes, the median strip, and entered our lane of traffic. He had to slow down a little so he didn't hit us as we were just clearing the cross-walk after making our turn. The police accused my daughter of "failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk". I suggested that according to the traffic laws bicyclists are to be treated like cars, so guy "driving" the wrong way down the sidewalk was at fault, and that we were already in the crosswalk before the cyclist reached the intersection, and that you can't "yield to a pedestrian" when there is no pedestrian. He decided to "let her off with a warning".

Pedaling Fool
10-28-2012, 15:37
Yeah! I hate it when bicyclists think they should be treated like pedestrians, which (by definition) they are not. My daughter may hold some sort of record for being pulled over by a cop about 30 seconds after getting her learner's permit. She made a right turn onto a divided highway. A bicyclist was coming down the sidewalk from the other direction, on our side of the road. By the time we were completing our turn, the cyclist had reached the intersection, crossed the other two lanes of traffic, two turn lanes, the median strip, and entered our lane of traffic. He had to slow down a little so he didn't hit us as we were just clearing the cross-walk after making our turn. The police accused my daughter of "failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk". I suggested that according to the traffic laws bicyclists are to be treated like cars, so guy "driving" the wrong way down the sidewalk was at fault, and that we were already in the crosswalk before the cyclist reached the intersection, and that you can't "yield to a pedestrian" when there is no pedestrian. He decided to "let her off with a warning".I hear ya. Many cyclists are arrogant prima donnas; it's why I haven't joined a club in my area, because I've watched them blow thru 4-way stop intersections.:mad:

Astro
10-28-2012, 22:00
As a Scout Master I believe the most dangerous activities we ever did were riding on the local bike trail. In addition to having to cross streets (even 4 lane highways), there were the concerns mentioned of the other types of people on the trail (pedestrians, dogs, kids). I always felt safer on the river in a boat or canoe, swimming, hiking, rock climbing, or even camping in temperatures below freezing. I guess it is easier to handle what nature might do than humans in "civilization" when trying lead a bunch of boys.

cmich
10-28-2012, 22:47

Now that is hilarious!

atraildreamer
10-29-2012, 11:36
Yeah! I hate it when bicyclists think they should be treated like pedestrians, which (by definition) they are not. My daughter may hold some sort of record for being pulled over by a cop about 30 seconds after getting her learner's permit. She made a right turn onto a divided highway. A bicyclist was coming down the sidewalk from the other direction, on our side of the road. By the time we were completing our turn, the cyclist had reached the intersection, crossed the other two lanes of traffic, two turn lanes, the median strip, and entered our lane of traffic. He had to slow down a little so he didn't hit us as we were just clearing the cross-walk after making our turn. The police accused my daughter of "failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk". I suggested that according to the traffic laws bicyclists are to be treated like cars, so guy "driving" the wrong way down the sidewalk was at fault, and that we were already in the crosswalk before the cyclist reached the intersection, and that you can't "yield to a pedestrian" when there is no pedestrian. He decided to "let her off with a warning".

In RI, bicycles, from the point of their operation, are considered to be motor vehicles and are subject to the same traffic laws that are applicable to automobiles. So, stop at red lights, signal your turns, yield to pedestrians...you know the drill.

10-29-2012, 15:15
Actually Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge just off the wildlife loop.

10-29-2012, 15:24
Much of my family is from Chincoteague and I use to go there reguarly as a kid (but I didn't grow up on the Island) and even today we have a summer house there. Everytime we all meet there we go cycling around that refuge on Assateague before eating breakfast, but maybe I just haven't noticed the sign, I don't know. Now I'm really curious where this sign is.

You are right on, only I though it was Chincoteague national wildlife refuge and Assateague national seashore? On the road north off the wildlife loop.

10-29-2012, 15:33
I think that is the sign post on the gravel road that goes from the wildlife loop to the "flats" on Assateague Island National Wildlife Refuge.

I was there whitetail hunting and the park rangers must have been worried that some redneck hunter was going to shoot the wrong whitetail. I had to attend a 2 hour school where they explained what a whitetail deer is and what a Seki elk is. They had pictures to show us what they looked like. They did ask us not to shoot a horse and they showed us a picture of what a horse looks like This was a archery hunt and I am having elk stew for dinner tonight.

Cookerhiker
10-30-2012, 09:21
You are right on, only I though it was Chincoteague national wildlife refuge and Assateague national seashore? On the road north off the wildlife loop.

I was there a month ago - camped 2 nights in the NPS campground at Assateague National Seashore, went down to Chincoteague for a day. I may have walked right past the sign but it didn't register.

My understanding is that the entire island encompassing both MD and VA is Assateague Island. The MD portion is Assateague National Seashore and the VA portion is Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge.

Pedaling Fool
10-30-2012, 10:12
Yes Assateague is a part of Md and Chincoteague is Va. Assateague does not have residents, it's basically one really big sand bar, though Chincoteague is packed. A little trivia, Chincoteague sided with the union during the civil war.

Here's a map of the two (zoom in to get a real good look). To get to Assateague from Chincoteague you must cross the bridge on Beach Access Rd that crosses Chincoteague Bay. Notice that Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge is actually on Assateague. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=1R2ADRA_enUS476&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bpcl=36601534&biw=1600&bih=665&wrapid=tlif135160603784310&q=Chincoteague+Bay+map&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89b93f8e99a59751:0xb84d8561932b141f,Chinco teague+Bay&gl=us&sa=X&ei=N9-PUKnkIae42QXGwIC4Bg&ved=0CBwQ8gEwAA

Drybones
10-30-2012, 17:16
I was there a month ago - .

I grew up in MS where the mosquito is the state bird, but I've never experienced them like I did on this island. My son and a dozen or so of his friends took me with them for a 6-mile paddle to the island and four days of camping. We were late starting the paddle because some people were late so we were worried we would not make it to the island before dark. My son and his girlfriend were about 100 yards in front of me when they reached the island. They started jumping and swinging thier arms and legs in what I assumed was joyous celebration only to find we would be attacked without mercy as soon as we hit shore. Challenging 4 days...but fun. As we were taking showers just before leaving a horse slipped up behind one of the guys and bit him.

HermesUL
11-05-2012, 09:41
Every time I see the subject heading for this thread I misread it and think it is asking about sine waves. Sorry for going off on a tangent.

Nobody picked up on your pun! Hilarious!

HikerMom58
11-05-2012, 11:06
Yes Assateague is a part of Md and Chincoteague is Va. Assateague does not have residents, it's basically one really big sand bar, though Chincoteague is packed. A little trivia, Chincoteague sided with the union during the civil war.

That's interesting trivia

We saw pics of Assateague after the storm, the beach area was GONE. The parking lot and everything was ocean. We were just there over Labor Day. :eek:

[QUOTE=HermesUL;1358263]Nobody picked up on your pun! Hilarious!

.........BooYah....... I did not:p

Pedaling Fool
11-05-2012, 11:11
[QUOTE=john gault;1355755]Yes Assateague is a part of Md and Chincoteague is Va. Assateague does not have residents, it's basically one really big sand bar, though Chincoteague is packed. A little trivia, Chincoteague sided with the union during the civil war.

That's interesting trivia

We saw pics of Assateague after the storm, the beach area was GONE. The parking lot and everything was ocean. We were just there over Labor Day. :eek:

.........BooYah....... I did not:p
Here's another bit of trivia. Assateague use to be a peninsula, but the great hurricane of 1933 turned it into an island. http://www.assateague.com/1933.html

Pedaling Fool
11-05-2012, 11:12
BTW, that's why it's part of Maryland, because it was a peninsula of Md.

HikerMom58
11-05-2012, 11:20
[QUOTE=HikerMomKD;1358319]
Here's another bit of trivia. Assateague use to be a peninsula, but the great hurricane of 1933 turned it into an island. http://www.assateague.com/1933.html

I did not realize that either. That's really interesting.

We love to go there with our bikes etc...... so beautiful. The people on Chincoteague are so friendly. We bought a lot of duck and shore bird carvings over the years, from the locals there. The mosquitoes are really bad but other than that it's a fun place to explore.

Old Hiker
11-05-2012, 12:01
............................... and I am having elk stew for dinner tonight.

?????? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slow%20elk ???????

Pedaling Fool
11-05-2012, 17:47
[QUOTE=john gault;1358321]

We bought a lot of duck and shore bird carvings over the years, from the locals there.I've had family members get into the decoy duck business, kind of a Chincoteague thing.

HikerMom58
11-05-2012, 18:15
[QUOTE=HikerMomKD;1358326]I've had family members get into the decoy duck business, kind of a Chincoteague thing.

Cool... I wonder if we could have met some of your family members? We bought a really nice looking kingfisher on a piece of driftwood one year. We bought some other pieces from Herb Daisy.. I know you must know who he is... :) We bought 1 piece from Stoney Point Decoy factory.

Pedaling Fool
11-05-2012, 18:46
[QUOTE=1358532]

Cool... I wonder if we could have met some of your family members? We bought a really nice looking kingfisher on a piece of driftwood one year. We bought some other pieces from Herb Daisy.. I know you must know who he is... :) We bought 1 piece from Stoney Point Decoy factory.I bet someone in my family knows him, I haven't spent enough time on the island to know people that well, but I do know that Daisy is one of the most common names on the island. Another common island name, with a lot of history, is Beebe.

HikerMom58
11-05-2012, 19:21
Yes, you are right about Beebe as well. :) Thanks for sharing all the trivia. :)

Denniswatson
11-25-2012, 03:20
We need to specify some speed limit otherwise it could be dangerous

Sarcasm the elf
11-25-2012, 03:47
We need to specify some speed limit otherwise it could be dangerous

What about specifying some spam limits?

Del Q
11-25-2012, 08:04
Awesome,for the 1st time in my life there is no way that I could possibly break the speed limit.

How comforting!