PDA

View Full Version : Drunk stories.....

AjR
10-28-2012, 04:09
Just wondering... Is there anyone out there with a drunk trail story? Please, do share....

Sarcasm the elf
10-28-2012, 09:41
I don't remember having any. ;)

Sman
10-28-2012, 09:44
I don't remember having any. ;)

How funny!

Slo-go'en
10-28-2012, 09:48
I've heard of the occasional drunk camper who falls into the camp fire and sets them selfs ablaze, but have not personally seen that happen.

WingedMonkey
10-28-2012, 09:56
If I told stories, I would have to change the names.

If I changed the names it would take away the point of the story.

:bse

Elder
10-28-2012, 13:16
If you google "drunk Hiker Tales" they show a picture of Baltimore Jack.

turtle fast
10-28-2012, 14:30
I saw a drunk camper step into a fire once, luckily not burned but soles of shoes were melted...and one almost extinguish one by vomiting on it.

88BlueGT
10-28-2012, 14:51
okay......

So this one time, I was out with a friend of mine hiking around the Mohican Outdoor Center in NJ. This was a rare occasion as we decided to both bring a pint whiskey with us since it was going to be a cold night and felt it may help w our warmth. I sipped the bottle until it was finished... I was feeling pretty good. I poked the fire a bunch of times with my stick...

and then!!!!!!........................................ .... DUN DUN DUN DAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I fell asleep in my tent and woke up with a horrible hangover. Never again.

hikerboy57
10-28-2012, 15:16
my very first trip to the whites in '76 i had hiked franconia ridge, came down the falling waters trail into the pemi and stayed at desolation shelter which has long since been removed. met a few other hikers at the shelter as it began to rain. one of the guys had a bottle of yukon jack, another had a psychodelic substance that was thrown into the bottle for enhancement of the experience. as it dark we started playing cards, and after an hour or two we were all pretty hammered+. one of the guys got up to relieve himself and we continued to play cards.i dont know how much time had passed but we still were waiting for this other hiker to return. he didnt have a flashlight and it was pitch black in the rain, and just as we started thinking about going to look for him he appeared out of the dark, naked, bleeding on both his knees. we couldnt stop laughing. he didnt say a word climbed into his sleeping bag, pulled it over his head and we didnt see him again till morning.
in the morning my head hurt.
a lot.

THE DANGLER
10-28-2012, 17:41
So, back in '04.
Some friends and I were back home for the summer from college. We decided to hit up one of our favorite camping spots on the MN river. To get there you can either hike in 5 miles or, as we chose, take a boat up the river. We were all happy to see one another again after another long school year and looked forward to telling all of our new stories about our respective experiences. There was booze a plenty, since we boater in and weight was no issue. As nightfall came we had stoked up a pretty nice fire going and we're siting around drinking stiff rum and cokes. There were a few ladies who came along for the festivities but were not staying the night because work the next day. My friend and I offered to walk them back to their cars via the state trail.
Long story short, I woke up on an unfamiliar doorstep of a house out in the country in my underwear, under a cold steady rain. still tired and pretty drunk it seemed as though my only choice was to go inside this house. I wandered around from room to room until I found the bathroom. I look in the mirror and the explanation was written all over me. Literally.
Apparently, that night there was a pretty intense meteor shower and unbeknownst to us some of our othr friends had gone out to walk the state trail to watch.
The note written on my chest and stomach, in blue permanent marker read something like this:
Matt, I carried you 5 miles down a trail. The house you are at is my girlfriends. We didn't know where you lived and didn't want to bring you home anyways. Your clothes are in the washer. Please apologize to dani, you threw up in her car as well as on yourself.
You owe me big time!
John

Also, he left me with a captain Morgan moustache markered on my face as well. All in all, I'm very lucky to have run into these guys on the trail and that they had the patience to deal with my dumb ass.

Del Q
10-28-2012, 19:57
THE DANGLER

Good one............there are times you get through a serious drunk and wonder how they heck you made it through.

OutdoorsMan
10-28-2012, 20:09
Trail Days has got to be a source of many drunk hiker stories.

rhjanes
10-29-2012, 09:26
1974, me and two buddies carried a case of beer UP Old Rag Mountain. One buddy was "A Turtle" and initiated me and the other guy. He threw up in his sleeping bag (we were sharing the tent) and never woke up. I made sure he didn't gag, and then staggered out of the tent to get away from the stench. I think I then fell off the top of Old Rag. Woke up around 1 hour past sunrise to people staring at me. I was passed out on some big rock right off the trail where everyone gathered to watch the sunrise. I sobered up pretty quick then, but powdered eggs.................. It was late that afternoon before the pounding in my head went away.
We packed out the empties down the fire road.
"you bet your sweet a** I am"

trapper
10-29-2012, 18:47
Trail Days has got to be a source of many drunk hiker stories.been there done that

atmilkman
10-29-2012, 18:51
been there done that
den there bun that

pafarmboy
10-29-2012, 19:26
Why is being drunk, or being around someone who is drunk, amusing? Have a little pride. Wonder how many of you clowns have driven drunk, too? Har har. Barrel of laughs. Do us all a favor, stay home and pretend you're cool there.

moytoy
10-29-2012, 19:29
This has been posted on WB before but for those who haven't seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMDTOPlpdKY

Carl Calson
11-01-2012, 23:06
at Mountain Crossings on Leap Day (Feb. 29) this year, Pirate busted out a bottle of tequila and made tacos. one of the people that was hiking with us got really hammered and acted like a complete moron, prompting Lumpy to slam her head into a bunk bed post. it was hilarious, and she deserved it. she later fell into a pile of wood in the breezeway.

this is where she earned the trail name "Boozah".

Carl Calson
11-01-2012, 23:07
Why is being drunk, or being around someone who is drunk, amusing? Have a little pride. Wonder how many of you clowns have driven drunk, too? Har har. Barrel of laughs. Do us all a favor, stay home and pretend you're cool there.

wow, lighten up. just because you don't drink doesn't mean you have to be a buzz killington to the rest of us.

bubonicplay
11-02-2012, 00:34
I used to get drunk when I was younger, but its just not worth it the next morning anymore...

moytoy
11-02-2012, 06:18
I used to get drunk when I was younger, but its just not worth it the next morning anymore...
I'm with you on that bubon but your younger and my younger are two different youngers:)

Drybones
11-02-2012, 09:50
Four of us had a float trip planned on the New River. Myself and Nelson went down Friday night and camped on the bank, the other two friends were to join us early Saturday morning. Some college kids camped next to us and forced us to have a few drinks with them. I crawled into the truck bed at 11:00 and went to sleep, knowing I needed to get up early. About 6:00 next morning the other two guys woke me up with "where's all this money coming from". These guys are alway clowning so I thought they were kidding. Opened my eyes and they had fist fulls of wet money. Looked over at Nelson and he was naked as a jay bird, wet, and looked like he'd been in a bear fight, huge cuts and scapes all over. Nelson had no memory of what happened, best we can figure he fell into the river where a lot of tree roots were, by the grace of God was able to save himself and hung his clothes and money up to dry. Money was scattered all over the field next morning. Nelson sobered up when we flipped the canoe in 6' waves and had to ride it upside down for a few hundred yards.

treesloth
11-02-2012, 09:59
wow, lighten up. just because you don't drink doesn't mean you have to be a buzz killington to the rest of us.

+1. If you don't want ever to see any drunk people, perhaps you should be the one to stay home. :)

Gray Blazer
11-02-2012, 10:01

Baltimore Jack taught my dog to drink. Pic in my gallery. Not posting any more pics today.

peakbagger
11-02-2012, 10:24
An unfortunate story was the "thru" hiker who came into Gorham NH late season. The state liquor store is right next door to the post office. The "thru" hiker picked up a resupply and headed south out of Gorham with a 1/5th of Jack Daniels. At some point, two day hikers ran into a very drunk half dressed thru hiker wandering around on Mt Moriah in late season freezing conditions. The individual was very drunk and hypothermic and refused help. Fish and Game was called and they rescued him. That incident started the process in motion to charge for rescues of reckless hikers.

Heater
11-06-2012, 04:17

WOW! I tried it and it really did show the picture!

OzJacko
11-06-2012, 04:30
I've seen a lot of pics of Baltimore Jack and they mostly look like what I would expect to see if I googled drunk hiker......:D