PDA

View Full Version : Curious Question about the N.C. Section

Gadog430
05-16-2005, 11:29
Went to Trail Dayz this weekend, and went up 1-26 coming out of Asheville and hit 81 in TN. On the way up it hit me, the AT crosses somewhere and I didn't see anything. So, we pulled out the map and it was right inside the N.C line. So on the way back, we made a point of driving slow and really looked for it, and nothing.

Where along 1-26 north of Asheville, N.C. does it cross the interstate?
It has to go under. Is it at that river bridge? I was gonna look last night in the books but forgot and now it's bothering me at work...lol.

Thanks,
Dawg

Repeat
05-16-2005, 12:17
The AT crosses under a bridge on I26 at the top of Sam's gap (state line), just before you reach the pull out for trucks, going west towards Erwin. It is visable on the right as it proceeds along the bank. There is a graveyard and small substation on the left side of I26 at this point. The AT comes down parallel to this graveyard.

Gadog430
05-16-2005, 13:00
The AT crosses under a bridge on I26 at the top of Sam's gap (state line), just before you reach the pull out for trucks, going west towards Erwin. It is visable on the right as it proceeds along the bank. There is a graveyard and small substation on the left side of I26 at this point. The AT comes down parallel to this graveyard.
Thank you so much.

Dawg