PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle Needed in North Ga.

Teatime
05-16-2005, 13:40
I'm planning a 5 day trip with my son starting on May 29th. We plan on hiking the section between Dick's Creek Gap in Ga. to Wallace Gap in NC. I plan on parking my car at Standing Indian Campground, unless someone has a better suggestion. So, we will need a shuttle from Standing Indian Campground to Dick's Creek Gap. Does anyone have any suggestions. I used Wes Wisson last time I hiked this area and was happy with the service he provided. Thanks.

orangebug
05-16-2005, 14:29
You have prior good experience, and I'd go with it. There are many others, including Pittsburg, the Hiker Hostel over at Woody Gap, and others. I used Darlene Swofford who lives in Franklin, and shuttles folks between ATL and Highlands, as well as the occasional hiker.

digger51
05-16-2005, 21:56
You might also try Ron and Sam at the Hiawassi Inn or Ron Haven at the Haven Motel in Franklin, NC. Both are very helpful and do most anything for hikers.

Teatime
05-16-2005, 22:29
Has anyone ever left their vehicle at Standing Indian Campground for any length of time? I plan on leaving my car there during our section from Dick's Creek Gap to Wallace Gap. The map shows parking at the campground but I wonder if a fee is required? :-? Thanks again for the replies and help.:D

orangebug
05-17-2005, 12:27
There is a free area and a pay area. The pay area is inside the park, near the Park Ranger office. I've left cars in the area for a week without problems.

Teatime
05-18-2005, 02:49
What about the Rock Gap parking area?

orangebug
05-18-2005, 22:08
It is awfully close to the road. However, I've seen folks park there without problems. I just like the Backcountry Lot by the Park with some level of supervision by the staff.

bodepn
09-14-2005, 23:10
Looking for a shuttle from Standing Indian to Dicks Creek Gap. Any recommendations and contact info would be great. There are 4 of us.

tiamalle
09-14-2005, 23:42
Looking for a shuttle from Standing Indian to Dicks Creek Gap. Any recommendations and contact info would be great. There are 4 of us.call me @ Haven's Budget Inn 828-524-4403 Ron:clap