PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Everyone!

Lion King
05-16-2005, 14:19
Just a word of appreciation for all those who came out to Trail Days and atteneded my Film "Walking With Freedom".

Great crowd of folks, great Pizza and sodas supplied by Backpacker Magazine, and I appreciate all of you who picked up a copy.

It was great to meet some of you and to, of course, have a beer with a few of you as well.

Thanks so much again.

Good times.

JimSproul
05-16-2005, 15:57
Hey Man -

Where can we order one?

Thanks

trippclark
05-16-2005, 16:03
L.K.,

While I was not able to stay for the showing of the video at Rock School, I did get by during the presentation to see the big crowd and to buy a copy. I wantched it later that night and really enjoyed it. I plan to watich it again this week.

I enjoyed everything about the film, including the soundtrack. I was excited at the end of the movie to see that the soundtrack was available from your website and from Amazon, but when I checked today could not find it either place. Please advise where, when, and how I can get a copy of the soundtrack.

Tripp

trailangelmary
05-16-2005, 18:29
I didn't get to see the film while I was at Trail Days but the Billville members that viewed it said it was great. I am also interested in knowing info on purchasing.

Tha Wookie
05-16-2005, 19:54
Lion King-

Great to see you once again at Trail Days! I was glad to get the newest version of your movie this weekend. But I forgot to get it autographed!! Doh!!

Great production!!!

-TW

Krewzer
05-17-2005, 09:01
It was a great show. Lots of energy in the hall, a few tears also. My old heart strings were humming. I've got the DVD plugged in now. I've watched it twice since I got back home.

LEGS
05-17-2005, 10:15
GOOD MORNING, LK, DAMN GOOD TO SEE YA AGAIN. THEY ARE RIGHT YA KNOW, IS A GREAT PIECE OF WORK, AND WILL PUT A TEAR IN YOUR EYE IF YA LOVE THIS THING WE DO CALLED "HIKIN THE AT". GOOD JOB LION KING. SEE YA SOON MAN.
Just a word of appreciation for all those who came out to Trail Days and atteneded my Film "Walking With Freedom".

Great crowd of folks, great Pizza and sodas supplied by Backpacker Magazine, and I appreciate all of you who picked up a copy.

It was great to meet some of you and to, of course, have a beer with a few of you as well.

Thanks so much again.

Good times.

Footslogger
05-17-2005, 11:12
Hey LK ...great seeing you at Trail Days and thanks for getting me that finished copy of your DVD.

Hike on brother ...

'Slogger
AT 2003

attroll
05-17-2005, 13:02
wbdent I got there towards the end of the video and watched about 20 minutes of it. Boy what a change since you first started putting this together. I was very inpressed with what I saw. As Legs said it puts a tear in your eye. I can honestly say it did mine for the little that I saw. I am going to watch the whole thing when I get home from work tonight. But I purchased a copy at the back dorr and left before the end to beat the crowd. I also forgot to get an autographed copy. I am kicking myslef in the ass now.

ivanputski
05-20-2005, 08:38
Now that Trail Days is over does anyone now how we can order a copy?:confused:

lobster
05-20-2005, 11:58
Some specifics about the movie?? Length, quality of picture, trail views, interaction between hikers, etc. ?

Can copies be purchased? If so, how?

How does it compare to "Five Million Steps" or "Trek"??

roadie
05-20-2005, 12:31
i was sitting with our friend Crazy Horse (AT 05) at the presentation and he would pick on me whenever i would wipe away a tear or squeeze his arm. i just said, "you'll see." sure enough, at the end of the movie when you summit, and everyone in the place went ape ****, i look over at Crazy Horse and he's pulling tears himself! very nostalgic for folks that were out there in the past and very inspiring for those out there now and that will be in the future. good work, friend. hopefully see you at the NOC so you can autograph my copy. much love,
roadie

attroll
05-20-2005, 16:46
Some specifics about the movie?? Length, quality of picture, trail views, interaction between hikers, etc. ?

Personally I like it better then Trek. But others may desagree with me.

Footslogger
05-20-2005, 17:25
I agree with you Troll ...but maybe I'm a tad biased since I'm in it !!

'Slogger
AT 2003

Lion King
05-20-2005, 17:45
Thanks ya'll. I had them at Trail Days for $20, but when ordering its a little mroe to cover travel, postage, envelopes, priority or whatever45...

So for those of you who are interested, send a check or money order for $25(DVD, Postage etc...)to either

Michael Daniel
17541 GA HWY 33
Pavo GA 31778

or :

David Burrows
3823 Holland Ave
Dallas Texas 75219

Hope ya dig it.

Lion King
05-20-2005, 17:47

83 minutes...give or take

Picture is great, shot of a Canon GL2 Digital

Its mainly the emotional ride, I wanted to create for those who always ask, what it 'feels' like to be out there.

Yes, they can be purchased, trying to set up a page on my website for that very reason at present, but look at the post above this one for info.

LK

Jeff
05-20-2005, 19:43
Should the check be made payable to Michael Daniel??

Jester2000
05-22-2005, 19:39
Who is this Michael Daniel person of which you speak?

Smile
05-22-2005, 21:11
Can't wait to see it! Have heard good thing ;-)

Smile
05-22-2005, 21:11
ummm. things. whoops.
How does it ship, USPS?

Lion King
05-23-2005, 10:32
Who is this Michael Daniel person of which you speak?
Thats what I said.

Lion King
05-23-2005, 10:34
ummm. things. whoops.
How does it ship, USPS?
Usually priority, but whatever uyou want.
LK

Skyline
05-23-2005, 11:21
I bought the DVD at Trail Days, partly for the visuals and partly for the music. Much of the music was especially composed and performed for "Walking With Freedom." The music is excellent, and is a big part of the production's attraction IMHO.

Anyway, based upon a previous post here on White Blaze I was expecting the DVD and music CD in one package. The music CD was missing from the copy I bought. How do I get the music CD?

trippclark
05-23-2005, 11:41
I bought the DVD at Trail Days, partly for the visuals and partly for the music. Much of the music was especially composed and performed for "Walking With Freedom." The music is excellent, and is a big part of the production's attraction IMHO.

Anyway, based upon a previous post here on White Blaze I was expecting the DVD and music CD in one package. The music CD was missing from the copy I bought. How do I get the music CD?

I sent a PM to Lion King asking about the soundtrack also -- not because I thought it was included but because the trailer at the end says it can be purchased. Apparently he is still ironing out some property rights issues on some of the sngs but expects that the soundtrack will be out in a month. LK may elaborate or clarify, but that is what I understand.

Lion King
05-23-2005, 16:17

What Trip said.

I basically have no choice in the matter, we have the rights to the songs to be 'in the film', but releasing them as a CD involves a whole different set of rights being purchased, or deferred till sales, but some artists, or their Lawyers are holding off.

We could make a CD with about 10 songs easily, but that isnt what I want, I wanted to release an 18 songer...that is still in the works, hopefully soon. (Had hoped pre-TrailDays...but Nooooooooooo)

I just wish some of these people would realize what a big audience they would be opening themselves up to by being included. Most hikers I know love good music, and I choose these songs from the collection of CDs sent because of their power, merit or the way they all fit into the thing...as I said, I hope it comes together soon.

If it was up to me it would be out already.

LK