PDA

View Full Version : Any trail report between Daleville and Buena Vista VA.

Big Dawg
10-31-2012, 00:32
I'll be heading out for a section this coming Saturday from Daleville to Buena Vista VA. I spoke with HikerMomKD who lives in the area, and she's aware of the upper elevations getting snow. Is anyone aware of the accumulation in the upper elevations of this section? If not very much, I assume it would mostly melt by this coming Saturday based on the forecast for the next few days. Any additional info would be appreciated.

SawnieRobertson
10-31-2012, 08:25
Good luck on that, Hiiker Dawg. With your spirit I'll bet it will be an amazing section, seasoned by the season. Have a great time.

HikerMom58
10-31-2012, 10:12
I know you will have a great hike... it will be very pretty. I asked my hubby his opinion of the trail in regards to snow problems or blow downs b/c of the storm blowing thru. He agrees with us that the snow won't be a problem for you by Saturday. He also doesn't believe that there were many trees down from the storm.. we were spared!! :) Soo nice talking with you. Excited that plans for ur hike are still lookin good. :) Have a blast!!

Big Dawg
10-31-2012, 23:33
Thanks Kinnickinic!

Nice talking with you too Karen. Thanks for the info. Yes,, things are looking up. Should be a great hike!

Cherokee Bill
11-01-2012, 06:46
Drove up to the Peaks of Otter area of the BRPW yesterday, to see the snow & enjoy a Mtn ride! The PW was closed from the Peaks, going NORTH! As far as I could see from the GATE across the roadway, there was no snow on the pavement!

A fellow I meet, who was taking pic's, said the PW was closed due to downed trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all I know at this point!

chip2012
11-02-2012, 09:19
There was very little water when I came thru there a week or so ago but I'm sure that will not be a issue. There were at least 3 shelters without water.

ajames
11-02-2012, 10:52
Whenever we plan to go for hiking at any area we search places from Backpacker Magazine. I think this is a very good Magazine for finding new places all over the world. My friend and I read it and find where we have to go.