PDA

View Full Version : Preparing to hiking through the Zombie Apocalypse?

JAK
11-03-2012, 10:20
So what happens when I finally start my thru-hike and out breaks the zombie apocalypse?
Can I still go UL? Which trail towns will be safe? Is there a special trail guide for this?

I should mention that I will be one of the zombies, of course.
Oh yeah, I only have a $1000 for the budget. Will this still be enough?

Karma13
11-03-2012, 10:25
I think the best option (not that there are any 'best' options! ;)) is to be zombified before hiking. You won't have much in the way of manual dexterity to hang your food, but you're only interested in eating hikers anyway. The Lyme disease threat is greatly reduced, and frozen boots won't be a hindrance.

Plus, the smell won't be that much different.

JAK
11-03-2012, 10:31
I forgot to mention I am vegan. Does this change anything?

Rasty
11-03-2012, 10:51
I forgot to mention I am vegan. Does this change anything?

Welcome back to meat!:D

RCBear
11-03-2012, 11:19
Vegan problem solved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3vct2yoZNg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

WingedMonkey
11-03-2012, 11:50
There's a better chance of zombie apocalypse than you thru hiking.

;)

JAK
11-03-2012, 12:12
So true, so I figure I ought to be prepared for both. :-)

Danl
11-03-2012, 13:48
Not to mention that you would never have to look for food, for the flies would find you. Saves a lot of money not having to buy food.

Capt Nat
11-04-2012, 21:07
You will be much less likely to drop out due to injuries...

JAK
11-05-2012, 03:42
... yeah, but then there's those damned purists that say it isn't a thru-hike if you don't finish with all your body parts still intact. That would rule many of us out, even before we might become zombified. Some say as long as your brain is intact is the essential think. Again, that would rule many of us out, even before we start. HYOH, and for some zombies, EYOH, although I'm planning on going vegan.

Best towns for dumpster diving for rotting vegetables, after the apocalypse?

Capt Nat
11-05-2012, 08:48
This thread has me thinking. If the Zombie Apocalypse occurs December of this year, and If I get my boat sold, and can start out in the spring of 2013, I may have to deal with a zombie menace. Will I need to hang myself in a food bag out of their reach? Instead of a tent, do I need to pack a steel cage to sleep in? How heavy is my pack going to be hauling ammunition for the 60 cal machine gun? Do they make them in UL? Will bears sleep in shelters with us for mutual safety? Will there be a new category for "red blazing"?

Old Hiker
11-05-2012, 08:57
[QUOTE=JAK;1358190]... yeah, but then there's those damned purists that say it isn't a thru-hike if you don't finish with all your body parts still intact. That would rule many of us out, even before we might become zombified. ..............................QUOTE]

So, if I'm zombified, get blasted to pieces, but my arm continues crawling to Katahdin and summits, IT DOESN'T COUNT !?!?!? That's like telling me I have to pack all my................ hmmmmm, "stuff" I left behind at the privies, etc.

turtle fast
11-05-2012, 12:18
Zombies could be more ultralight by removing an arm, ear, a finger or two. How many grams was that....