PDA

View Full Version : do nobos hang with sobos at campsites?

hikerboy57
11-03-2012, 18:01
Ive been hiking the AT in NH and ME for years and im usually up there in august where i run into both nobos and sobos.Ive had good experiences with both , but with the nobos getting closer to the finish line and sobos on the trail a much shorter time, outside of trading info about the trail ahead/behind them,water sources etc. do nobos congregate with sobos at sites and shelters or do they tend to hang with their same direction counterparts?Ive seen everyone get along at shelters when its raining, but i wonder if their so different experiences tend to keep them separate.

jakedatc
11-03-2012, 18:24
we had nobos and sobos in a few shelters when i was on the LT this summer.. lots of info going back and forth.

Don H
11-03-2012, 18:51
NOBOs must sleep on the right side of the shelter, SOBOs on the left. No intermingling is allowed.
Also NOBOs have the right of way on the trail, all SOBOs must pull to the right and wait for NOBOs to pass.
Just common sense, I thought everybody new this.

hikerboy57
11-03-2012, 18:58
NOBOs must sleep on the right side of the shelter, SOBOs on the left. No intermingling is allowed.
Also NOBOs have the right of way on the trail, all SOBOs must pull to the right and wait for NOBOs to pass.

well i already knew that, i mean rules are rules.
i was thinking more of socializing at sites and in town

jakedatc
11-03-2012, 19:10
http://youtu.be/LaQXOrbqAbM?t=34s (http://youtu.be/LaQXOrbqAbM?t=34s)

This whole story is written in the Privy at Goddard Shelter on Glastonbury mountain, VT

Tuxedo
11-03-2012, 19:12
When you sobo and have not yet started to stink like a thru it's hard for me to mingle for long with nobo's only cause my nose hairs become barely intact

prain4u
11-03-2012, 19:32
NOBOs and SOBOs hang at HoJo's and Dojos with hobos and lobos (named Cujo and Mojo). Some Bozo went loco and phoned up the PoPo (who set down their cocoa and danced to the "GoGos"). This poem is just "so-so" (wasting time is a "no-no"). So, I will depart--and take my dog, Toto!

(Hey, I'll be performing here all week. Remember to tip your waitresses. Nite everybody!)

Double Wide
11-03-2012, 19:35
do nobos hang with sobos at campsites?
Not in Georgia...

Lone Wolf
11-03-2012, 19:40
http://youtu.be/LaQXOrbqAbM?t=34s (http://youtu.be/LaQXOrbqAbM?t=34s)

This whole story is written in the Privy at Goddard Shelter on Glastonbury mountain, VT

graffiti........

OzJacko
11-03-2012, 19:51
graffiti........
Unless the Sistine Chapel is also graffiti there comes a point where writing and drawing on walls ceases to be a detraction of the quality of the wall and starts to add to it...

Lone Wolf
11-03-2012, 20:02
Unless the Sistine Chapel is also graffiti there comes a point where writing and drawing on walls ceases to be a detraction of the quality of the wall and starts to add to it...

writing, carving, scratching, etc. in/on any trail shelters, signs, privys is a no-no no matter the content. ATC and maintainers would agree

kayak karl
11-03-2012, 20:07
do nobos hang with sobos at campsites?

Not in Georgia...

yep, stay away from them broke SOBO hikers.

RCBear
11-03-2012, 22:04

writing, carving, scratching, etc. in/on any trail shelters, signs, privys is a no-no no matter the content. ATC and maintainers would agree

By no no, you mean some frown on it, correct? Or, you can be cited? Because they are two very different animals.

Double Wide
11-03-2012, 22:06
Wait.

Did somebody just compare a privy on the AT to the Sistine Chapel?

Oh dear.

That may be the Mother Of All Facepalms.

Carl Calson
11-03-2012, 22:15
i thought a lot of the graffiti in the privies and shelters was entertaining. as long as it wasn't in poor taste, i had no problem with it.

not that my opinion on the matter.....matters

jakedatc
11-03-2012, 22:16
to be fair, it's a very nice privy.. i found the N/S thing funny since we were seeing a bunch of southbounders on the AT/LT mix.

HikerMom58
11-03-2012, 22:22
NOBOs and SOBOs hang at HoJo's and Dojos with hobos and lobos (named Cujo and Mojo). Some Bozo went loco and phoned up the PoPo (who set down their cocoa and danced to the "GoGos"). This poem is just "so-so" (wasting time is a "no-no"). So, I will depart--and take my dog, Toto!

(Hey, I'll be performing here all week. Remember to tip your waitresses. Nite everybody!)

Hey, I think it's pretty good! :)

Elder
11-03-2012, 22:39
NOBOs must sleep on the right side of the shelter(*)SOBOs on the left. No intermingling is allowed.

(*) Depending on the orientation..North/South, of the shelter, and which side of the trail it is on!

Mountain Mike
11-03-2012, 23:14
Depends on where & what color they are wearing, Blue or Grey.

Monkeywrench
11-04-2012, 05:26

Absolutely. It's vandalism. If you want to write on the walls, do it at home.

Altarboy
11-04-2012, 11:22
That makes sense because the Nobo's are going uphill lol.

Odd Man Out
11-04-2012, 11:44

LOL - Winner of the best post of the week award :banana

HermesUL
11-04-2012, 17:09
I enjoyed the Dr Seuss graffiti in the privy in VT.

That's not to say its not graffiti, but that sort of thing does enhance trail community and is a fun thing to write home about.

HikerMom58
11-04-2012, 20:13
LOL - Winner of the best post of the week award :banana

Ha Ha!! I was very impressed myself. WTG prain4u.... be:Dst post of the week!!

Capt Nat
11-04-2012, 20:58
I'm thinking they would have the good taste not to mix in public...

Old Hiker
11-04-2012, 21:02
Yeah, but would you want your sister to marry one?