PDA

View Full Version : Collapsable Water Bottles Like Platypus 520ml 1 buck

BensMusicHiker
11-03-2012, 19:09
Today i was at the dollar tree getting a few little things for my first aid kit when i ran across something pretty durn cool.... I have a a 500ml platy that i use for camp water, cooking and for an extra push of water on the long stretches i love it its handy lightweight and works great..... WELL to the point! Today while at the dollar tree i found that they carry collapsable soft 520ml bottles very similar to what platypus makes but they have several colors and a pull top ( like sport drink bottles ). Its a buck so i went what the hell and bought a few got home tested them out no bad taste they have a bit of an odd shape but still fit comfortably. It also comes with a little hook to attach to your pack belt or anything to that fashion. It weighs in at .8 oz with the latch and .6 without. It feel its a killer deal and plan on brining one with a cool color to put my fuel in. Thought i would share this with you as it save you about 13 bucks if you were looking to get one from platy.
'

liberty lover
11-03-2012, 19:36
Thanks for the info.Will definitely check them out when I browse our local Dollar Tree.

Drybones
11-03-2012, 19:47
Those look pretty neat...thanks for the info.

BensMusicHiker
11-03-2012, 21:01
NO prob!!!

BensMusicHiker
11-03-2012, 21:33
Also they have dollar (obviously) plastic drawstring bags, super lightweight (l.2 oz) laundry bags that work perfect as bag liners i have one for my OHM 2.0 and it fits great! I may move to a Compost liner later but for now its great!

rmitchell
11-04-2012, 13:22
I wonder if the threads would mate to a Sawyer inline filer??????

BensMusicHiker
11-04-2012, 16:19
im not sure but man would that be convient