PDA

View Full Version : Six Moons Designs Tent

Codger
11-05-2012, 18:13
Looking at a Six Moon Designs Duo's Explorer, any comments

bigcranky
11-05-2012, 19:48
We've been using a Lunar Duo for three or four years now. Words cannot express how much we love this tent when hiking as a couple. Our has been through heavy rain, strong wind, muggy nights, and it has kept us dry and comfortable. The interior volume is simply amazing.

Like any single-wall tent, it does have condensation issues. We carry a small camp towel and wipe down the tent in the morning. For us, it's no big deal, though I understand that some other folks don't like any condensation ever.

Given the weight, volume, and price, it's a good choice for a couple. When we purchased it, the only other similar choice was the Double Rainbow from Tarptent (which we sold to buy this.) Now there are several other good choices you might want to consider - the Stratospire, and the double from Lightheart among them.

Good luck.

Zippy Morocco
11-05-2012, 23:15
The original Lunar Duo was my first UL tent. I liked it very much. The size is amazing. I wouldn't mind having one for weekend trips. I ended up going to a Tarptent Squall 2 then a Hexamid Twin for couples hiking. I sometimes miss the extra room though.

Codger
11-06-2012, 09:40
I have a tarptent rainshadow 2 that I like very much, but looking for more protection.

ScoutDad
11-06-2012, 10:10
Taken my SM Lunar Duo out twice now. 3 days 2 nights both times. I really like it. Weight isn't bad, sets up quick and has plenty of room. I got the netting and floor installed and like them and think they are worth the weight.

Don H
11-07-2012, 08:36
Got about 2,500 miles on my Lunar Solo, no problems.