PDA

View Full Version : Kilt question

fcoulter
11-07-2012, 17:11
How forgiving are kilts to waist size?

It is well known that long distance hikers lose a lot of weight, especially the first few weeks. I'm assuming that this means a significant reduction in waist size. How forgiving are kilts to weight loss?

snifur
11-07-2012, 17:21
very! you can have them made with an expanding and decreasing waistline for adjustment. you can find a kilt that has snaps, zippers, buttons, ties, or velcro to secure it. it is really worth having one made for you if there is a place that does it near you instead of buying from pre-made stock. but either way you will find them very forgiving. so much better then shorts. if you lose more than a few inches then you may want to have it altered so it still looks good.

Mr. Clean
11-12-2012, 11:01
The Sportkilt has velcro. Mine is at the end of the velcro, so if I lost too much, the end of the kilt "belt" would extend past the velcro. At that point, I'd have to pin it. But the overlap is about 20", so there is plenty of give to them.

Grady Wilson
11-16-2012, 16:06
Just say no.

G-FOURce
11-16-2012, 16:36
Just say no.

ha! that make me laugh.

T-Rx
11-16-2012, 16:46
Just say no.

Very funny! LOL. I have never worn a kilt but I can see the potential advantages in warm temps.

Grady Wilson
11-18-2012, 18:51
Very funny! LOL. I have never worn a kilt but I can see the potential advantages in warm temps.

And going to the potty. You wouldn't even have to stop!