PDA

View Full Version : Need shuttles for MST in western NC

mountainman
11-07-2012, 20:01
I'm section hiking the Mountains To Sea Trail about one weekend a month and I need help with shuttles in western NC.I hope to do 30 to 50mi sections. Does anyone live close enough to the MST that would be able to help me out any any sections between Waynesville to Winston-Salem? I will pay for the help.
Dwayne Morrison

Tennessee Viking
11-07-2012, 20:48
Be sure to look up the ncmst.org website. A lot of changes have been happening with the route. Smokies alternate routes due to the Parkway tunnel, and a new route from Stone Mountain to Pilot Mtn/Hanging Rock.

If you haven't already, get Taba's guidebook @ www.thru-hiker.us

If you need info on the trail around Falls Lake and Eno River.

mountainman
11-07-2012, 22:21
Be sure to look up the ncmst.org website. A lot of changes have been happening with the route. Smokies alternate routes due to the Parkway tunnel, and a new route from Stone Mountain to Pilot Mtn/Hanging Rock.

If you haven't already, get Taba's guidebook @ www.thru-hiker.us (http://www.thru-hiker.us)

If you need info on the trail around Falls Lake and Eno River.

Thanks, I do have his 2012 guide book. I have hiked the tunnel section, i perfered it to walking a 4-lane road

Walessp
11-08-2012, 10:33
MM

MM - We spoke on the phone awhile back. I'm still available for shuttles if I'm not tied up with the grand-kids etc. I'd be glad to hike along with you too, if I haven't done the section you're hiking. Call me to discuss.

Scott Wales

(Outlaw)

mountainman
11-08-2012, 20:27
Hi Scot, This weekend I'm hiking from Beach Gap to Pisgap Inn. 20mi. I'm meeting my shuttle Sat 10:15 at Pisgap Inn. Do you want to join me? If so my cell # is 704-880-1572
Dwayne

Walessp
02-12-2013, 08:45
MM

Sorry I missed this last post. Have not been checking in here. Call me at 757-817-1472. after Feb 20 or so. or email me at [email protected]