PDA

View Full Version : Food.... What to bring/What to buy

Jakesdad1
11-09-2012, 08:34
Trying to figure my load for a 2013 March Northbound start. What do you all buy in town for the next weeks hike? I made an aborted attempt in 1975. :mad: Now I've had 38 yrs of motivation. In the old days it was food packets sent from home for a 2 week resupply. I'm assuming a mixture of resupply boxes from home and buying food locally. What food items do you buy?

swjohnsey
11-09-2012, 09:32
Read some of the old threads. There are usually opportunities to resupply in town ever 3 - 4 days are sooner. Read Jake's article on resupply. I used a combination of mail drops a town resupply. For me I would by oats, sugar, coffee, ramen, mashed potatoes, Spam, candy bars, rice sides, tortillas, peanut butter, raisins, cheese.

RED-DOG
11-10-2012, 11:48
Spagetti Noddles, Peperoni , Ramen, Pasta Sides any kind, Summer Sausage, Cold Oatmeal, any kind of candy, Milky Ways, Snickers, Block Cheese, Tortila Wraps, Bagels, Cream Cheese,Pop Tarts, Tuna Surprise, well thats just some of the things i ate on my three thru-hikes. you will figure it out as you progrees north. RED-DOG ( Flip-Flop 96 & GA-ME 06 & GA-ME 2012 ) Good luck and Happy hiking.:dance

RED-DOG
11-10-2012, 13:31
if you guys don't know what to eat you best stay home.