PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hiking partner to go from Virginia to Maine this coming May - August

Chex Mix
11-18-2012, 20:43
Im looking for someone to hike with to Katahdin. Ill be going along with the thru hikers so any thru hikers that would hike with me from Virginia to the end would be great. By next summer i will have hiked the southern quarter of the trail so i want to finish the rest in one giant hike. Next summer ill be 19. Im in really good shape and am planning on reaching Katahdin in mid August. Please let me know if your interested. Im just looking for a friend that will stick with me to the end.

-Chex

wren again
11-18-2012, 21:18
I like that you call it a "giant hike". How excellent that you are taking time to do this.

Six-Six
11-19-2012, 09:46
As you said, you'll be going along with the thru-hikers. I suggest that you wait on the picking of a hiking partner until you get on the trail. Your hiking speed will help identify those hikers that you are compatible with in that regard. After a few days and nights you will figure out which of them is compatible with your personality. My advice: relax - let it happen. You'll fall in with a great group of hikers and make some wonderful friends. No worries.