PDA

View Full Version : Safety

Sweetspot
11-19-2012, 21:52
I was going to update my Journal on Trail Journal and there was a nasty message on there . So be careful. This is the last time you will see me on any site. I have enjoyed reading White Blazes and Trail Journals . I hope you all a great hike.

Old Hiker
11-19-2012, 23:24
Sweetspot, sorry it happened. Delete the msg, ignore the troll and hike on. Please keep updating - don't let the bastards take control of your fears. I'm pulling for you - lots of others will as well.

Good luck - hike strong.

Gray Blazer
11-20-2012, 08:19
There are some weird people on the internet for sure. And some on this site. Good luck.

OzJacko
11-20-2012, 08:29
All of the above.
See you out there.
I'm starting my TJ in February for folks in Oz to follow me.
Hope to say g'day somewhere between Springer and Katahdin.

HikerMom58
11-20-2012, 09:59
You guys rock!! ^ It's OK Sweetspot... we'll just laugh about it when we are eating at the Homeplace together & you are sharing your adventures with all of us..can't wait!! :)

RED-DOG
11-20-2012, 11:33
Don't worry about it, delete the message and rock on.

ATMountainTime
11-20-2012, 11:46
shouts from Atlanta, i dunno ya, but dont let one troll take control. People are wickedly brave when the are on the internet. the people who do stuff like this are so insecure they can barely function. just hope they find thier own strength. move on, hike on, rock on.

Don H
11-20-2012, 13:38
The mean poster is just jealous because you're hiking and he isn't! Don't let the mean people win, keep posting and ignore them. Hike On!!

SawnieRobertson
11-20-2012, 17:34
We enjoy reading journals so much. It is too bad that some miserable a**holes read them, find a sensitive place, and go after it. When I would complain to my mother 100 years ago about what mean thing someone had said to me at school, she would say "Just remember. It takes all kinds of people to make up the world. Consider the source." I believe that those who speak anonymously tend to be very insecure, miserable people who hide their own weaknesses behind the Internet. Imagine being that lonely, and pray for their recovery, and keep on journaling. The delete key is there for a reason.--Kinnickinic